Up to 1,400 units are affected. The Mercedes S-Class may be widely regarded as the “best car in the world,” but nothing is perfect. Daimler has invested a whopping €730 million ($888M) at its Factory 56 plant in Sindelfingen in Germany to get it ready for the W223, and yet its flagship is already being recalled only a few months after entering production.How could this have happened? Business Insider is reporting the inner tie rods are the culprit, potentially leading to serious steering issues in a worst-case scenario. Owners are being urged to make an appointment with their local Mercedes service shop to check the inner tie rods and replace them if necessary, free of charge. Gallery: 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 70 Photos A company spokesperson told Business Insider that up to 1,400 cars delivered are being recalled, with the lettering informing owners about the hazard containing the word “immediately.” Mercedes explains the affected 2021 S-Class cars might not have the inner tie rods intended for this vehicle, in which case the connection to the steering rack might not “permanently withstand the stress of driving.” According to Mercedes, the component is shipped by the supplier pre-assembled as a complete unit and… Read full this story
- Stylish and Elegant - Mercedes C-Class Special Edition
- Driving green: Mercedes shows-off sleek, electric concept car at Frankfurt auto show
- A Plus For the Mercedes-Benz A Class Hatchback
- Mother recalls the harrowing moment she arrived home with her children to find her husband had taken his own life - after texting her to say he 'wouldn't be a problem anymore'
- Memoir Ghostwriting - Five Problems to Avoid When Hiring a Co-Author
- Class-size must be included in new teacher deal to hold government accountable: STF
- Steer Your RV Insurance in the Right Direction
- Ishan Kishan loves talking cars with Hardik Pandya, says pacer is his go-to person for motown advice
- Tesla turns super-efficient, plans to create cars that run on lithium-ion batteries
- Tips and Tricks on Lowering Your Auto Insurance Cost
2021 Mercedes S-Class Already Being Recalled Over Steering Problems have 320 words, post on www.motor1.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.