BEIJING, Jan. 15 (Xinhua) — Chinese stocks closed mixed Friday, with liquor makers falling but lenders rising.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index edged up 0.01 percent to close at 3,566.38 points, while the Shenzhen Component Index ended 0.26 percent lower at 15,031.7 points.
The combined turnover of stocks covered by the two indices stood at 1.04 trillion yuan (about 160.35 billion U.S. dollars), shrinking from 1.12 trillion yuan on the previous trading day.
Liquor makers fell across the board partly because previous gains were overdone.
Jiugui Liquor Co., Ltd. plunged by the 10-percent daily limit to 184.99 yuan.
Bucking the broader weakness, banking shares staged a strong rally, as more banks forecast upbeat earnings for 2020 despite the COVID-19 epidemic.
Postal Savings Bank of China jumped 8.37 percent to end at 5.44 yuan.
The ChiNext Index, tracking China’s NASDAQ-style board of growth enterprises, rose 0.02 percent to close at 3,089.94 points. Enditem
- 1st LD-Writethru: China's agriculture sector withstands COVID-19 epidemic
- Shanghai stocks seal best week in 10 months on Beijing's stimulus
- Northern California county is 1st to ease stay-home orders
- Dow climbs back to close higher after shares in top four US airlines drop after Warren Buffett's fund offloaded its entire stake in the carriers
- Coronavirus live updates: Santa Cruz beaches closed in middle of day
- Turbulent week for stock markets as investors scurry for safe havens
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks fall as U.S.-China tensions threaten rally
- US STOCKS-Wall St snaps two-day slump as tech titans give lift
- Coronavirus live updates: Supervisor wants SF jail closed
- Stocks open lower as virus-related economic damage piles up
- Coronavirus live updates: NYC subway to close for overnight cleaning
- Sensex crashes 2,002 points to close at 31,715; Nifty ends below 9,300
- EMERGING MARKETS-Stocks extend gains, Hungary outperforms on reopening plans
- US STOCKS-Wall St pounded as WHO deems COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic
- Tesla shares tumble as Musk says company's stock is overvalued
- U.S. stocks jump on coronavirus drug hopes; oil surges
- Coronavirus live updates: Gov. Newsom orders Orange County beaches to close
- World stocks gain on China trade data, easing pandemic worries
1st LD-Writethru: Chinese stocks close mixed Friday have 317 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.