IBM has been a strategic IT partner to Vodafone Idea for more around 14 years.The partnership will allow Vodafone Idea, which recently rebranded into Vi, to accelerate digital transformation for its enterprise customers. Vishant Vora, CTO of the company said that big data stack has helped in 40% cost reduction for analytics in IT landscape and 60% reduction in operational complexity. “..as India gets digital, data will be the currency. Companies at the forefront to create insights based on big data are going to win and telecom is right in the thick of that. With this covid scenario…we are seeing everyone dependent on telecom. Telecom is now horizontal. We need to do AI and ML substantially and we need data lake and architecture to do that…it is a foundation stone,” Vora said.
Vora said that he open source approach has helped the telco in modernizing infrastructure and network experience. “The power of data will help transform our cloud and AI journey in the future.”
VIL will also be able to combine insights from the Big Data Platform and better leverage cloud native technologies and artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance revenues, reduce costs and elevate customer experiences.
Under the partnership, IBM is leading the end-to-end implementation and management of the Big Data Platform. Additionally, IBM is helping in enhancing network security.The IBM team’s expertise is integral to supporting VIL achieve a reduction in the overall cost of data analytics. By partnering on this implementation, IBM is helping the telco transform the way data is optimized and delivered to partners, employees and internal systems.
Sandip Patel, Managing Director, IBM India/South Asia said the modernized and future-ready data platform is helping VIL get daily actionable insights to make strategic and operational level decisions effectively. “IBM and VIL team worked together in challenging times of COVID-19 lockdown to seamlessly execute a complex and enterprise-wide deployment remotely. We are excited to be part of VIL’s Digital Transformation powered by Data. The engagement will help VIL further lay the foundations for accelerating its hybrid cloud journey,” he said.
- iPhone 11 deals
- The great 'unlimited data' con
- iPhone 11 is almost here, and you can save big time
- Vodafone’s search for the G-spot
- The best mobile phone deals in 2019
- We have 14 ideas on how to make money in hard-pressed times
- Sterling soars as Brexit deal hopes rise: as it happened
- Facebook to give data on hate speech suspects to French courts
- Thousands of big energy reps at UN climate talks: monitor
- Hungary signs deal on Trieste Port
- China taking Big Brother to Central Asia
- The regulatory woes of Big Tech multiply
- BR ANALYSIS. It takes two: Global giants join forces
- BR ANALYSIS. Powerful trends shaping the property industry
- University of Edinburgh course to feed fintech skills pipeline
- FT Health: New approaches for old diseases
- A new tune: Boris Johnson on his plan to unite Britain
- How these cities became rat-free zones
Vodafone Idea inks big data deal with IBM have 548 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.