Weather allowing, the two-day test begins today, Wednesday, Oct. 28, with Josef Newgarden of Team Penske-Chevrolet and most recent Indy 500 winner Takuma Sato of Rahal Letterman Lanigan-Honda due to hit the track.Penske’s newly signed rookie for 2021, three-times Supercars champion Scott McLaughlin, is also expected to receive time on the Wednesday to complete his Rookie Orientation Program at Indy.On the Thursday, Newgarden and Sato will be joined by newly crowned six-time champion Scott Dixon (Chip Ganassi Racing), Ryan Hunter-Reay of Andretti Autosport-Honda, Ed Carpenter in his ECR-Chevy, and Pato O’Ward piloting his Arrow McLaren SP-Chevy. The cars will be testing front wing configurations and underwing combos that allow the cars to run closer together on the superspeedway, but which don’t make passing easy, yet still meet the safety requirements. The superspeedways have seen IndyCar retain the holes in the underwing in order to comply with its effort to reduce lift in nose-up or high yaw situations such are seen during a spin.Now, Tino Belli, IndyCar’s director of aerodynamic development, believes the series’ technical team and Dallara have come up with potential solutions that will improve the racing and still keep spinning or nose-high cars on the ground.Belli told Motorsport.com:… Read full this story
- Sexual assault claim against party tests New Zealand leader
- Indy 500: When is the race? What TV channel is it on? Is Fernando Alonso among the favourites?
- Fernando Alonso defends decision to ditch Monaco Grand Prix for Indy 500
- F1 star Fernando Alonso obliterates two birds during first Indy 500 testing lap
- Former Formula One racer Max Chilton aiming to become fifth Brit to win the Indy 500
- McLaren's Alonso to skip Monaco GP for Indy 500
- Monaco Grand Prix: Fernando Alonso’s decision to race in Indy 500 gives McLaren a huge boost claims supremo
- Fernando Alonso’s Indy 500 race ends in blown engine as he reflects on ‘one of the best experiences of my career’
- F1 star Fernando Alonso finishes fourth quickest in practice for Indy 500 after skipping Monaco GP
- Fernando Alonso is STILL ‘not comfortable’ with oval racing during Indy 500 qualifying preparations
IndyCar to test new aero parts to improve Indy 500 action have 357 words, post on www.motorsport.com at October 28, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.