There’s a practically 100-percent chance that the 2022 GMC Hummer EV is going to spawn an SUV version that would enclose the pickup bed to increase the cabin’s volume. This rendering from Top Electric SUV offers an idea of how it might look.
GMC has already offered an official teaser of the Hummer EV SUV. The design is exactly what you would expect by simply extending the roof to cover the cargo bed and having a very flat rear section. The company’s image attaches a full-size spare tire to the back.
The Hummer EV SUV would likely retain much of the styling from the pickup. This means there’s probably a forward-canted C-pillar. This element could keep the enclosed variant look a little less boxy by breaking up many of the body’s purely horizontal and vertical lines.
Inside, the extra room inside the SUV should allow for another row of seating, boosting the interior occupancy to eight people. With this bench out of the way, there would be more cargo space.
Much like the old Hummer H2 SUT and SUV, expect the two body styles of the EV to be mechanically identical. With a GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower (746 kilowatts) allowing for a claimed sprint to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) in 3.0 seconds, both of them should offer plenty of performance capability.
The Latest Rumblings About The GMC Hummer EV:
A debut date for the Hummer EV SUV is a complete mystery, but don’t look for one in showrooms until after the pickup goes on sale in late 2021. With GMC preparing for a multi-year rollout for the truck, we might not see the fully enclosed variant for a while.
Source: Top Electric SUV
Gallery: 2022 GMC Hummer EV
- Lexus confronts a midlife crisis with aging SUVs that are losing to rivals
- [News in focus] Stuck between the past and the future
- Ford Mustang-Esque Electric SUV To Be Built In Mexico
- VW planning more I.D. concepts, possible SUV and sports car
- The best tech of CES 2019: what happened next?
- Audi E-Tron GT Super Bowl Commercial Is A Heavenly Experience
- 2020 Audi A4 Allroad Flaunts Heavily Reworked Exterior On Camera
- Fisker Orbit Autonomous Shuttle To Begin Deliveries Late in 2018
- 2018 Volkswagen Atlas will cost $30,000
- Volvo Drops New Teaser Of What Looks To Be An Autonomous Concept
- Honda CES Robot Debut Looks Like A Weeble, Won't Knock You Down
- Did VW Just Tease The Next-Gen Golf's Taillights?
- Nissan Spied Testing Hotter GT-R Nismo With Fender Vents
- This 1973 Ford Bronco Went Through A 1,500-Hour Restomod
- VW Amarok Successor Could Come To U.S. With Help From Ford
GMC Hummer EV SUV Rendering Shows The Lineup's Rugged Future have 455 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 21, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.