The Australian series was forced to dump its annual visit to New Zealand this year thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the original April date taken out of the question by international travel restrictions on both sides of the Tasman.An NZ round did make it onto the original revised 2020/2021 schedule with an early January date, before being canned altogether as the season was cut back to fit within the current calendar year.While the long-touted trans-Tasman travel bubble is yet to materialise, and neither country is likely to fully open its international borders until a vaccine is in circulation, Supercars is still confident it will get to New Zealand next year. According to series boss Sean Seamer the current plan is for an April 2021 slot, likely around ANZAC Day as was the case this year. “Our current plans for the calendar for next year, as it relates to getting back to New Zealand, we’re still working on being there in April, as we’d planned this year,” he said.“But we’ll confirm that just after Bathurst, the timing for announcing the calendar is just after Bathurst this year.”Should the Australia/New Zealand travel bubble not be in place by April, Seamer said… Read full this story
- Hillary Clinton Considered ‘Permanently Relocating’ to New Zealand After Defeat
- Merkel tells New Zealanders "you can be proud of your PM"
- Wales and New Zealand seek to provide fitting send-offs in bronze final
- New Zealand Fisherman Goes Viral for Catching a Marlin Bigger than His Boat
- Kim Dotcom is suing the New Zealand government for billions of dollars
- Galaxy Xcover 5 listed on Samsung New Zealand’s website?
- Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom can be extradited to the U.S., New Zealand court says
- Facial recognition rejects New Zealand man’s passport pic — was race a factor?
- Solid idea: Cardboard cathedral to be built in New Zealand to replace Christchurch’s quake-damaged church
- Two psychologists followed 1000 New Zealanders for decades. Here’s what they found about how childhood shapes later life
Supercars confident of New Zealand return in 2021 have 345 words, post on www.motorsport.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.