Power took his fifth Mid-Ohio pole, and 60th of his career, earlier in the afternoon and went on to lead 66 of the 75 laps in the race, losing the lead only when making pitstops.With the races shortened from 90 laps this year, it left teams few strategic options other than what order to run their soft- and hard-compound Firestone tires, and the lack of yellow flags made the race even more strategically clear.“This is probably the first race, I reckon, in about 10 years that I have just gone hard,” said the Team Penske-Chevrolet driver after taking his first win at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. “Every other race we save fuel and play a strategy game. “Today I just said ‘Hey, let’s just go hard, man. Screw this. We don’t want to get caught by a yellow. Let’s just run hard and use my raw pace and see what happens. And we won the race, so it was a great strategy.” Power led teammate Josef Newgarden over the line by 7.5sec, although the gap had been out to over 9sec before he eased up in the last couple of laps. Power said he had encountered no problems in the… Read full this story
- One Belt, One Road: China heralds 'Digital Silk Road'; foresees internet-era power shift soon
- Talking Horses: Keeper Hill to climb at Cheltenham, plus Saturday racing tips
- ‘I learned hope the hard way’: on the early days of Black Lives Matter
- 10 Best Hard-Hitting Quotes Of Sushma Swaraj
- Can the U.S. Catch Up to China in the Clean Energy Race?
- Templegate’s racing tips: Cheltenham and Doncaster races live on ITV – Top betting preview for Saturday’s racing
- Donald Trump Is Toxic and Inspiring a Democratic Surge in Virginia Governor's Race
- Factbox: Climate policies of top U.S. Democrats in 2020 presidential race
- Blue whales became the biggest animals to ever live thanks to their 'highly-efficient feeding strategy' of sucking loads of tiny sea creatures through plates in their mouths
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals race 'always' factored in her past romances with white men ending because they 'had no idea about oppression'
Power relieved to race hard without strategy dilemmas have 361 words, post on www.motorsport.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.