Mercedes-Benz promote their VISION EQS model in 2019
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Lewis Hamilton has been pictured with the Mercedes Vision concept car which is set to enter production within nine months. Mercedes themselves have previously said the new fully electric model could be introduced to the market towards the end of 2021.
In a post on his social media page, Lewis revealed he had been making changes in his lifestyle to reduce his impact on the environment.
He said he was "committed to staying educated and informed" and had confirmed he was working closely with Mercedes on electric models.
The six-time Formula 1 champion said: "I have offset my carbon footprint from my Formula 1 career dating back to 2007.
"I have reduced travel where possible, I have gone plant-based and outside of the track, I try to use electric cars wherever possible.
Lewis Hamilton has revealed the EQS is his ‘new dream car’ (Image: Facebook / Lewis Hamilton)
The F1 world champion has revealed he is working with Mercedes on electric cars (Image: Facebook / Lewis Hamilton)
"I also want to use my position as a racing driver to enforce positive and permanent change, which is why I'm working closely with Mercedes to slowly move their fleet of cars towards electric.
"This is my new dream car, the new EQS fully electric Mercedes. I can't wait until it's released!"
The new model has a targeted range of 435 miles with both a rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive version set to be made available.
A super-fast top-up has also been suggested with drivers potentially able to add an extra 350 miles within just 20 minutes when plugged into a 350kW source.
DON’T MISS Which? reveals vehicles with the most reliable fuel type [INSIGHT] WhatCar? reveals their top electric car picks [ANALYSIS] Designer Ian Callum has hinted at his next project [INTERVIEW]
Performance is also not lacking in the new model with Mercedes predicting the model could reach 0-62mph in just 4.5 seconds.
Mercedes research and development boss Markus Schafer has described the model as "completely different" to current models.
But he has hinted the EQS model would be similar to Mercedes brand new S-Class machine.
Alongside the futuristic internals, the model will come equipped with stunning 24-inch multi-source wheels.
The new model could cost up to £80,000 (Image: Mercedes)
Mercedes says the rear lights will be seamlessly integrated into the car's bodywork for the first time.
The German car brand has also suggested the model could become a "cooperative car" with a 360-degree light belt allowing interaction between the vehicle and its surroundings.
Mercedes have revealed the interior will take its inspiration from the world of luxury yachts to create a stunning new design.
They reveal the dashboard will blend with the bodywork while spatial designs will make the vehicle feel like a deck of a boat.
The car has a stunning interior with touchscreen devices (Image: Mercedes)
Embracing modern technology, the new machine's key functions can be operated by touch-control settings.
In a step further from most modern vehicles, Mercedes has given each occupant their own infotainment screen integrated into armrests.
As a bonus, owners of the EQS model will be given access to the IONITY public charging schemes.
This is a joint venture between BMW, Mercedes, Ford and VW which offers customers a high power charging network across major highways in Europe.
The new service is set to tackle the issues of range anxiety which have often been seen as a barrier for take-up of the electric models.
Prices of the new model are yet to be announced but is expected to be somewhere around the region of £80,000.
- Big yellow Tesla! First fully electric cab hits the streets of New York with hundreds more set to join the fleet
- Lewis Hamilton says his fight for equality means more to him than a record-equalling seventh F1 world title
- Lewis Hamilton 'just getting started' in F1 after epic seventh title
- Lewis Hamilton explains why Ferrari F1 move 'wasn't meant to be'
- Lewis Hamilton claims he has worked harder than ever on and off track to win seventh F1 world title ahead of knighthood
- Lewis Hamilton vows to make F1 as 'diverse as the multicultural world we live in' because he remains the only 'driver of colour' since started 14 years ago - as he launches commission to help more black people into sport
- F1 Turkish Grand Prix LIVE RESULTS: Hamilton WINS seventh world title, Brit star LAPS Bottas – latest reaction
- Lewis Hamilton: The incredible F1 journey to seven titles and history
- Lewis Hamilton lets tears flow as he clinches record 7th F1 title
- Lewis Hamilton equals Schumacher’s record with seventh world title
- Will we ever see another Formula One champion like Lewis Hamilton?
- Lewis Hamilton: Dreamer, chaser, believer
- Lewis Hamilton has to change his own tyre after new £70,000 electric Mercedes EQC suffers BLOW OUT on motorway
- Lewis Hamilton wins Turkish GP to clinch record-equalling seventh F1 title
- Lewis Hamilton closes door on Ferrari switch because Mercedes F1 star does not believe ‘values’ are aligned
- Lapping it up! Lewis Hamilton secures F1 world title... and chief cheerleader Nicole Scherzinger is on hand to congratulate her champion with a kiss
- Lewis Hamilton's bravery stood out at 10 – what he has done since is extraordinary
- Lewis Hamilton reveals toughest moment of F1 career was telling McLaren he was quitting to join rivals Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes new fully-electric EQS is his 'new dream car' have 1024 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 4, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.