The design of any new Volkswagen Golf is hardly a surprise – the Wolfsburg-based company usually takes the traditional approach with its global bestseller, and it's safe to say the upcoming Golf Variant won't make a difference . A batch of new spy photos comes to confirm that revealing the car almost in full months before its official debut.
These prototypes were caught testing on public roads in Germany and were wearing almost no camouflage. The front end is obviously not really a secret as it will be identical to the Golf 8 hatchback. At the back, there's tape covering portions of the taillights but everything else seems to be in its final production form.
Gallery: VW Golf Variant new spy photos
While not the most anticipated new model of the year, the Golf Variant is an important addition to Volkswagen's European portfolio. Despite the SUV and crossover boom, the Old Continent is still hungry for practical wagons and the new Golf Variant will arrive as a direct competitor for the wagon versions of the Ford Focus , Skoda Octavia , SEAT Leon , Peugeot 308, etc.
The Golf Variant should share its engine range with the Golf hatchback, which means a rich selection of gasoline, diesel, and electrified powertrains will be available. There's no word yet on a new Golf R Variant, as well as another Golf GTD Variant, but we hope the two performance variants will join the lineup at some point later during the model's lifecycle.
One Golf, Many Ways:
What's more important for a wagon, however, is the cargo space. Given how the new Golf has the exact same 380-liter (13.4-cubic feet) boot as its predecessor, we won't be surprised if the new Golf Variant continues with roughly the same 605 liters (21.3 cubic feet) as before.
Look for an official debut in the next few months. Probably next year, the Golf Variant will be joined by the rugged Golf Alltrack.
save over $ 3,400 on average off MSRP* on a new Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Source: Walter Vayr
- The new Salem from 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' looks exactly like you'd expect
- Google Photos v3.16 hints at new movie editor, improvements to search, and more [APK Teardown]
- Volkswagen Golf review: Staying on top of the game
- N.Y. 2018: What we expect to see from Cadillac, Subaru, Toyota, and VW
- VW's compact T-Roc crossover will debut on August 23
- Volkswagen ID Buzz concept continues new-age nostalgia tour in Geneva
- Opel Insignia wagon looks slick in fire-department livery
- US Launches Spy Satellite on Secret Mission
- Recap: Here are all the new things in the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Nowhere to hide: 9 new hacks coming to get you
- Report: Trump Expected to Sign Order That Could Bar US Firms From Buying Huawei Telecom Gear
- Google Photos v3.10 adds text selection mode to Lens, prepares tool to remove obstructions from photos and videos [APK Teardown]
- 20 new and notable (and 2 WTF) Android apps and live wallpapers from the last two weeks (1/9/18
- Leaked photos appear to reveal the Roku 4 front to back, now with Optical audio out
- 2nd Winter Storm in 4 Days Could Bring a Foot or More of Snow to Some Spots, Wintry Mix Expected for City
- 12 new and notable Android apps and live wallpapers from the last week (12/12/17
- Here’s Another Look At The LG G7 ThinQ
- 10 new and notable Android apps from the last week (5/1/18
VW Golf Variant Looks Exactly As Expected In New Spy Photos have 599 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 17, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.