BANGKOK, Aug. 25 (Xinhua) — Thailand’s Narcotics Suppression Bureau said Tuesday in a press briefing that border patrol police had intercepted two pickup trucks in Thailand’s North-Eastern Province of Nakhon Phanom and seized 200 kilograms of dried marijuana.
The two drivers were arrested.
The arrest came after a tip-off that marijuana would be smuggled by long-tail boats across the Mekong river from Laos and then to Nakhon Phanom.
Border patrol police also discovered 200 compressed slabs of dried marijuana, each weighing 1 kilogram, stuffed in five bags.
The Narcotics Suppression Bureau said that an investigation is underway and it will coordinate with Laotian authorities in the investigation. Enditem
- Thai police seize 600,000 speed pills, arrest drug smuggler
- Thai police seize 390 pounds of crystal meth from Japan-bound treadmills
- Border guards in Kon Tum seize 66 kg of illegal firecrackers
- Spanish police seize 3 tons of hashish
- Police seize 50 tonnes smuggled candies and toys
- 3 interstate drug peddlers nabbed
- Over 30 Pounds Of Marijuana Seized In Stamford Bust: PD
- Thailand seizes huge haul of methamphetamine
- 60 Pounds Of Marijuana Seized During I-90 Traffic Stop
- French Cops Perplexed, Shut Down Beaches After 1,000 Kg Cocaine Washes Up Along Coast
- Home Operating As Illegal Marijuana Grow Raided In SWR
- Darien Cops Seize Firearms, Cash & Drugs From Suspected Dealer
- Pope Francis vows action on clergy sex abuse but US prosecutors say church can't be trusted to police itself
- Philippines ex-police chief accused of drug offences, bribery
- Drugs worth Rs 1,081cr seized in last 19 months, 1,000 arrested: RTI report
- Mumbai: Narcotics worth Rs 1,081 crore seized in 19 months
- Kochi: Four arrested with 10 kg ganja
- 'Pregnant' Woman Caught Smuggling 4 kg Cannabis Inside Fake Baby Bump in Argentina
Thai police seize 200 kgs of marijuana, 2 nabbed have 255 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 25, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.