SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (AP) — Two soldiers were killed and three were injured when their Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise off Southern California’s coast, the Defense Department said Saturday. Staff Sgt. Vincent P. Marketta, 33, of Brick, New Jersey, and Sgt. Tyler M. Shelton, 22, of San Bernardino, California, died Thursday from injuries “sustained during an aircraft mishap while conducting aviation training,” according to a U.S. Army Special Operations Command statement. ADVERTISEMENT “The loss of Staff Sgt. Marketta and Sgt. Shelton has left a scar in this Regiment that will never completely heal,” said Col. Andrew R. Graham, commander of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne). “Our priority now is to ensure the families of our fallen warriors receive our complete support as we work through this tragedy together. Officials released no other information on the crash. J. Elise Van Pool, an Army spokeswoman, confirmed in an email that three other soldiers were injured in the crash but said she did not have any other details to provide “as the incident is just beginning to be investigated.” Both Marketta and Shelton were assigned to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment headquartered at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Marketta… Read full this story
- DARPA Wants to Start Testing Autonomous Flight in Black Hawk Helicopters
- Sikorsky to commemorate Black Hawk helicopters' anniversary
- Dozens killed as speeding train runs over crowd watching fireworks in India
- U.S. Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Was Highest Enlisted Soldier Supporting Trump Administration’s New Adviser Brigade
- Soldier Killed in Training Incident on Washington Military Base
- Motorcyclist killed in four-vehicle crash on Bay Bridge
- Motorcyclist killed in four-vehicle crash on Bay Bridge identified as San Francisco man
- California Man Sets Fire to House Trying to Kill Black Widows With a Blow Torch
- A top black judge claimed discrimination. California upheld her firing.
- Busy Beavers Blamed for Fatal Train Crash
2 soldiers killed in Black Hawk training crash in California have 316 words, post on apnews.com at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.