Having already fled Victoria due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the Melbourne teams were expected to be mostly based out of Sydney for the upcoming weeks and months to keep the season going.However there have been concerns that Sydney could be facing its own outbreak of COVID-19 with the Northern Territory already declaring the New South Wales capital as a virus hot spot.As exclusively revealed by Motorsport.com yesterday, Supercars has devised a new plan to base teams in Queensland for the next two weeks, which will then allow a quarantine-free crossing into the Territory for at least one, and perhaps two, rounds in Darwin. The same Queensland base can then be used for the Townsville event at the end of next round. While the announcement from Supercars teams says all 10 teams will be heading north next week, both Kelly Racing and Brad Jones Racing may still opt to use their respective Mildura and Albury bases, which currently fall outside the NT’s hot spot. News of the mass Queensland relocation comes after the Australian Football League yesterday outlined plans to the use the north-eastern state as a base for its Victorian teams, as Melbourne continues through its second lockdown.According to… Read full this story
- Domo sets IPO price as SurveyMonkey confirms its plans to go public
- Apple confirms its plans to close retail stores in the patent troll-favored Eastern District of Texas
- Queensland coalmine increases greenhouse gas emissions without penalty, FOI reveals
- For the love of Queensland, this land clearing has got to stop
- 'Alarming' rise in Queensland tree clearing as 400,000 hectares stripped
- Queensland's soaring pollution rate 'threatens national emissions target'
- Deforestation surges in Queensland ahead of crackdown on land clearing
- Great Barrier Reef: Queensland lobbies Unesco behind the scenes at G20
- De Tomaso Wants to Make Supercars Evocative Again
- Are we FINALLY getting that highly-coveted BMW M Supercar?
Supercars confirms Queensland plan have 317 words, post on www.motorsport.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.