Home Four wheelers oi-Rahul Jaswal By Rahul Jaswal Published: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 10:51 [IST] German luxury car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz has announced that it has witnessed sales of just 2,948 units for the months between January and June this year. The luxury car market has been hit by the Covid-19 situation. The brand sold 9,915 units in comparison with the same period last year, and over 10,000 units by the end of 2019. Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, “We remain cautiously optimistic as we gradually ramp up our sales amidst the prevalent market challenges triggered by the pandemic. We are glad to witness a slow movement from previous months and we expect this trend to gather momentum.” “However recovery will be slow and we currently expect customer sentiments to revive going forward, though the market conditions would continue to remain challenging. Run-out of some of the key BS 4 volume models and also COVID-19 related restrictions lead to sales challenges in H1,” he added. Mercedes says that SUVs accounted for 57 percent of its total sales during June this year, and that the recently launched Mercedes-Benz GLS accounted for 22 percent… Read full this story
- Mercedes-Benz: Autonomous cars need empathy and trust in order to be accepted by people
- ROAD TEST: Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class offers hi-tech luxury for a small premium
- Inside rare Mercedes-Benz luxury G65 AMG off-roader – with mounted TV screens, V12 engine and hefty £260,000 price tag
- Motorist uses fake Mercedes-Benz grille and badges to ‘camouflage’ £1,500 Renault Megane as luxury saloon
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class vs. Range Rover: which is the best luxury SUV?
- New jobs created as £10m Mercedes-Benz showroom approved
- Super Bowl: Mercedes-Benz, Pringles reveal details about ad plans
- Vaughan puts pen-to-paper with the Moors until June 2020
- Marie Louise McConville: Thank goodness for Easter Eggs on sale in January to alleviate a dreary month
Mercedes-Benz Registers 2,984 Units In Sales For The Months January To June 2020 have 310 words, post on www.drivespark.com at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.