Home Four wheelers oi-Rahul Jaswal By Rahul Jaswal Published: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:09 [IST] India auto giant Mahindra & Mahindra has announced a delay in the launch of its latest-generation XUV500 and the new Mahindra Thar off-roader. The vehicles are now expected to be launched during the third and fourth quarters of this year. The delay has been caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown that followed. According to ET Auto, the statement was made by Mr Veejay Nakra, the Chief Executive Officer at Mahindra & Mahindra’s Auto Division. The company said that upsizing production capacity is a challenge because demand for vehicles has returned faster than anticipated. Mr Nakra said, “We are struggling to manage supplies to ramp up capacity to meet the strong anticipated demand generating for our products and brands, especially from rural India.” “Customers are coming back to the showrooms and footfall at the dealerships has come to 40 percent of the pre-Covid times, while the inquiries are back to almost 75 percent of the pre-pandemic era,” he added. Mahindra says that stable supply lines will take roughly between 30 and 45 days to set up, should there be no additional lockdowns called… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Lemon Tree Hotels launches new programme called Rest Assured
- Mahindra GenZe Electric Scooter To Be Launched In The U.S.
- ‘Dads’, ‘Greyhound’, ‘Little Voice’ and other new titles coming to Apple TV+
- Joe Wicks proudly unveils his new 'gold play button' YouTube award after gaining 1.4 million subscribers in three weeks following success of PE lessons
- Nasa SpaceX launch roundup: Flight CANCELLED minutes before Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley sent to the ISS
- Eurasia Group founder Ian Bremmer says Trump right on China but wrong on WHO; CDC issues new guidance for large gatherings
- AC Cobra Electric, 4-Cylinder Take Famous Roadster In New Directions
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 may get launched in August
- New AMD Side Channel Attacks Discovered, Impacts Zen Architecture (AMD Responds)
- Bukayo Saka: Mikel Arteta to demand more from youngster following new Arsenal deal
Mahindra Announces Delay in Launches Of New XUV500 And New Thar: Details have 340 words, post on www.drivespark.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.