The Italian went off the road entering the final corner in Q1 and tapped the barrier, and he ended the session in 19th and last of the drivers who set a time, ahead of only Romain Grosjean.
Given the possible consequences of the contact with the barrier, and the fact that he had little to lose, the Hinwil team had decided to fit a replacement gearbox.
The other penalty issued since qualifying was three places for Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, who was judged to have impeded AlphaTauri’s Daniil Kvyat.
- Climate Change Isn't Just Making It Difficult For Farmworkers. It's Putting Their Lives In Danger.
- Safety net hospitals benefit from change to readmission reduction program
- National Grid boss says Labour plan will stall green energy drive
- 'Cyber War' Author: U.S. Needs Radical Changes to Protect Against Attacks
- Sun shake-up hits execs, grid service
- Green Grid lays out 2007 roadmap
- Trump talks up death penalty, border wall in opioid speech
- 50,000 sign up to BBC weather grid project
- How many electric cars can the grid take? Depends on your neighborhood
- Silver Spring Networks boasts smart grid network in action
- College students face file sharing penalties under new rules
- Gearing up the UK for the smart grid
- Changing of the guard: Commonwealth Bank
- Weather researchers test out radar grids
- For IT, climate change means preparing for disaster
- Countdown clock, free hit for no-ball in Tests?
- Microsoft lets some Windows 10 users hit pause on updates
- Trump's Rollback of Pollution Rules to Hit Coal Country Hard
Giovinazzi hit with grid penalty for gearbox change have 257 words, post on www.motorsport.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.