F1 had been braced to postpone qualifying until Sunday morning due to heavy rain and storms at the Red Bull Ring on Saturday, which forced final practice to be cancelled. The start of qualifying was delayed for 45 minutes before race control started Q1, finding a break in the heavy rain to get all three sessions completed.A reduced break between the three stages of qualifying helped get the session completed before heavier rain arrived. The shower forced the Formula 2 feature race to be red flagged and suspended for 45 minutes before eventually being completed. “I think the FIA took fantastic decisions,” Mercedes F1 chief Toto Wolff. “Michael Masi [race director] and his team must be praised, because we want to see exciting sessions and in the rain it’s where we can really see talent and driving skills shine. “It is not only Lewis’s unbelievable, out of the world lap, but if you look at the grid overall, I really enjoy watching the young ones. [Carlos] Sainz in P3, [Esteban] Ocon in P5, [Lando] Norris right there, [George] Russell in P12 almost making it into Q3. “This is really what is enjoyable to see. And we need these sessions that are… Read full this story
- Some Las Vegas residents may qualify for free tax preparation
- Rookie LeBrun Catches 29-Pound Limit, Leads Day One of FLW Tour at Sam Rayburn Reservoir presented by Polaris
- Joe Biden on 2020 Against Trump: I'm a 'Gaffe Machine,' But 'Most Qualified Person' in U.S. To Be President
- I’m Running 10 Marathons This Year And I Still Get Fat-Shamed. Here’s My Response.
- Capitol Watch: Top lawmakers dispute Cuomo pay limit claims
- Dak on Zeke's praise: 'I feel like I'm a grown a-- man just in general'
- A running joke: Comedian’s quick rise to elite runner means she’s doing Denver improv one day, leading NYC marathon the next
- Biden: I'm 'Most Qualified Person In Country To Be President'
- Singing Praise a Family Affair for the Jones Family of Steubenville
- Microexcel’s CPG100+ is now SAP-qualified partner-packaged solution
FIA praised for running “on the limit” Styrian F1 qualifying have 348 words, post on www.motorsport.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.