What would have been the second round of the IGTC after February’s Bathurst 12 Hours has been cancelled. The move announced by IGTC promoter the Stephane Ratel Organisation on Friday said that circuit owner the Mobilityland Corporation had called off the race set for August 23 as a result of “several key factors”. These included the “preventative COVID-19 measures enacted by Japan and internationally that could remain in place throughout the summer”. An “already packed autumn schedule” allowed for no opportunity to reschedule the race, the statement continued. Arrivals from 100 countries – including most of Europe – are currently barred from entering Japan except under exceptional circumstances, and it’s unclear when these restrictions will be relaxed. SRO added that it is working to replace the Suzuka event on the IGTC calendar, which links five big GT3 enduros around the world, and that a decision on adding a new race in Asia is expected before the end of June. Mobilityland president Kaoru Tanaka said: “We have decided to cancel the Suzuka 10 Hours in light of the nature of this race with many participant teams coming from Europe and other countries around the world. “We want to express our regrets to all the fans… Read full this story
- How headache ended with woman needing 10-hour operation
- Hospital's A&E criticised over 10-hour waits
- Road closed for 10 hours after serious crash near Cramlington
- Man killed in M1 crash that shut motorway for almost 10 hours
- Raw sewage ran into sea off Eastbourne for 10 hours
- 10 hours a week in the senate, so what else do senators do?
- A family is made homeless every 10 hours in Coventry
- 10 trains cancelled in Liguria after staff shortages
- This is when 10 hours of thunderstorms will hit Merseyside
- We were left stranded after our cancelled flight, say NI friends
Suzuka 10 Hours cancelled due to coronavirus have 303 words, post on www.motorsport.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.