Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday US President Donald Trump made a stupid mistake by pulling out of Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers, and called on Washington to lift its sanctions.
Trump pulled the United States out of the pact in 2018, arguing it did not go far enough to constrain Tehran’s missile programme and influence in the region.
“Trump made a stupid mistake by exiting the nuclear deal,” Rouhani said.
“If America wants to return to the deal, it should lift all the sanctions on Tehran and compensate for the reimposition of sanctions … Iran will give a crushing response if the arms embargo on Tehran is extended,” Rouhani added.
- Iranian president warns of problems as Trump nuclear deal decision looms
- U.S. Flag Burned As Iranian Politicians Chant 'Death to America' After Trump Nuclear Deal Withdrawal
- Donald Trump has shown himself to be the American version of Gaddafi in his behaviour towards Iran and the nuclear deal
- IAEA says Iran implementing its nuclear deal commitments
- Iran will quit nuclear deal, restart enrichment, ramp up military tension
- Iran 'could dump nuclear deal and restart enrichment' if Donald Trump pulls out
- As US-Iran Spar Over Nuclear Deal, Oil and Regional Access at Stake For India
- Iran upbeat on nuclear deal hopes after EU talks
- Who Are the American Prisoners in Iran? Detainees Facing Uncertain Future After Trump Nuclear Deal Withdrawal
- Rouhani Says Nuclear Deal Still Alive Between Iran, Five Countries
- China to host Iranian president Hassan Rouhani amid nuclear deal doubt
- Iran may scrap nuclear deal if US withdraws
- Iran complying with nuclear deal: IAEA
- Rouhani to discuss Trump nuclear deal decision with Europe, Russia, China
- Iran envoy seeks nuclear deal pledges
- China to host Iran leader amid nuclear deal upheaval
- Iran still implementing nuclear deal: IAEA
- U.N. watchdog says Iran complying with nuclear deal
‘Stupid mistake’: Iran’s Rouhani on Trump’s nuclear deal have 291 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.