Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday US President Donald Trump made a stupid mistake by pulling out of Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers, and called on Washington to lift its sanctions.
Trump pulled the United States out of the pact in 2018, arguing it did not go far enough to constrain Tehran’s missile programme and influence in the region.
“Trump made a stupid mistake by exiting the nuclear deal,” Rouhani said.
“If America wants to return to the deal, it should lift all the sanctions on Tehran and compensate for the reimposition of sanctions … Iran will give a crushing response if the arms embargo on Tehran is extended,” Rouhani added.
- Source Reveals Details of Erdogan, Putin Phone Call Over Iran Nuclear Deal
- China to Host Rouhani After US Withdrawal From Iranian Nuclear Deal
- Iran make bold nuclear claim that the country can enrich uranium at any percentage
- EU Foreign Affairs Chief In Iran, Wants to Save Failed Nuclear Deal
- Despite pressure, United States renews exemptions for Iran nuclear deal
- Reporting on the Iran nuclear deal: 'nothing happens until everything happens'
- Iran nuclear deal: US rejects EU plea for sanctions exemption
- The Iran Nuclear Deal Is Dying But It's Not Dead Yet
- Implementation of Iran Nuclear Deal Preserves UN Credibility - Beijing
- Why One Key Iraq-War Supporter Is Hopeful About the Nuclear Deal With Iran
- Motion for Iran to quit nuclear proliferation treaty enters parliament
- US Must ‘Show it is Trustworthy’ Before Iran Will Negotiate New Deal - Scholar
- Iran sanctions: Trump warns trading partners
- Iran nuclear deal: EU shields firms from US sanctions law
- Iran's top leader: Trump is 'clown' who will betray Iranians
- The Latest: Iran’s Rouhani seeks closer UK ties with Johnson
- Trump at UN: Iran scores a symbolic victory
- Downing of jet in Iran reveals Islamic Republic’s wider woes
‘Stupid mistake’: Iran’s Rouhani on Trump’s nuclear deal have 290 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.