Mortal Kombat 11 released just over a year ago; now, NetherRealm Studios’ fighting game is back with its first expansion, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath, which will release digitally on May 26 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Stadia, with a physical version releasing this June in the Americas only. The Aftermath expansion adds new playable characters to the roster along with new character skin packs, but it also continues the story campaign with brand-new content–a first for the franchise.
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath’s new epilogue storyline picks up right after the conclusion of the main game. Liu Kang has defeated Kronika, and he and Raiden are preparing to use Kronika’s Hourglass to create a better timeline for all the realms. However, that’s right when recurring antagonist Shang Tsung and his unlikely allies, Nightwolf and Fujin, show up to reveal a larger threat is at play.
New playable characters are joining the roster in Aftermath, such as Fujin, the God of Wind who serves as Earthrealm’s protector alongside Raiden, and Sheeva, the four-armed, half-dragon queen of the Shokan race. Mortal Kombat: Aftermath also adds a new guest character: cyborg police officer RoboCop from the 1987 action/satire film. While NetherRealm hasn’t shared much info on how he’ll fight, the original actor from the film, Peter Weller, will reprise his role for Aftermath.
A free content update for all Mortal Kombat 11 owners will release alongside Aftermath, introducing brand-new stages and reviving classic arenas like MK2’s Dead Pool and MK3’s Soul Chamber. The free update will also add Stage Fatalities (finishing moves that use the environment to take down foes) and Friendships, which offer a goofier ending to brutal battles.
Below, we’ve detailed all the pre-order options for Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath, including its pre-order bonuses, all-inclusive Aftermath Kollection, and upcoming free update. As of right now, pre-orders are available on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, and Nintendo Switch Eshop along with retailers like GameStop and Best Buy. We’re not seeing pre-orders available on Steam yet, and there won’t be pre-orders available for Stadia.
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath pre-order bonuses
All pre-orders for Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath will come with the Eternal Klash Skin Pack at launch, featuring three character skin variants:
- “Unbound Rage” Scorpion – inspired by Mortal Kombat (2011)
- “Son of Arctika” Sub-Zero – inspired by Mortal Kombat: Deception
- “Kori Power” Frost – a Klassic version of the Lin Kuei warrior
If you pre-order Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath on the PlayStation Store, you’ll also get a free PS4 dynamic theme (shown above) featuring Raiden and Liu Kang. The theme was custom-made by NetherRealm and also features music from the game.
Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion | $40
Those who already own Mortal Kombat 11 and the original Kombat Pack can upgrade to the Aftermath expansion for $40. Here’s a full list of what the new expansion includes:
- Story expansion – Fire God Liu Kang enlists the help of unlikely allies and familiar foes to forge a new history as the fates of two worlds hang in the balance.
- Three new playable characters – available on May 26
- Three new character skin packs – released over time
- Exclusive “Thanks a Million” Johnny Cage character skin – available on May 26
Here’s where you can pre-order the Aftermath expansion on its own:
- See at GameStop — $40
- See at PlayStation Store — $40
- See at Xbox Store — $40
- See at Nintendo Eshop — $40
Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath + Kombat Pack bundle | $50
If you already own the base game but don’t have any DLC content for Mortal Kombat 11 yet, you can pre-order the new expansion and get the Kombat Pack DLC for a discount. With the expansion selling for $40 and the Kombat Pack priced at $20, you’re saving $10 by pre-ordering this bundle rather than buying individually. You’ll have access to the Kombat Pack content right after purchase.
The Kombat Pack includes:
- Six new playable characters – Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Terminator T-800, The Joker, and Spawn
- Skin and gear sets for each add-on character
- Six themed skin packs including the Klassic Arcade Ninjas, Klassic Arcade Fighters, and more
Here’s where you can pre-order the Aftermath expansion and Kombat Pack bundle:
Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection | $60
For those who are new to Mortal Kombat 11 and want to experience the full game and its expansion for the first time, the Aftermath Kollection bundles the base game, Kombat Pack, and the Aftermath expansion for $60. You’ll be able to start playing the base game and access Kombat Pack content right away.
- Mortal Kombat 11 base game
- Kombat Pack (detailed above)
- Aftermath Expansion (detailed above)
- Shao Kahn playable character (normally $6 to buy)
Here’s where you can pre-order the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection. Please note that some retailers are opening pre-orders for physical copies that will release this June, but you can also pre-order digitally.
- See at Amazon — $60
- See at Best Buy — $60
- See at GameStop — $60
- See at PlayStation Store — $60
- See at Xbox Store — $60
- See at Nintendo Eshop — $60
Mortal Kombat 11 free content update
NetherRealm is also releasing a free content update for all Mortal Kombat 11 owners that’ll be available in conjunction with Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath. Here’s what it includes:
- New stages
- Stage Fatalities
After the update, you’ll see the game displayed as Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath in your console menu–this will indicate the free content has been added to the game. You’ll still need to buy the full Aftermath expansion to access that new content.
- God of War for PS4 release date, pricing and trailer
- NBA 2K19 NEWS: Release Date, Pre Order Bonuses, 2K18 Comparisons and Prelude start times
- Netflix in May: Every new TV show and film coming this month from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Dear White People to Taxi Driver
- Summer is here: Ultimate guide to Ireland's 25 best family days out
- 100 great family days out in Ireland: Our county by county guide
- Eurovision final 2018 live: start time, running order and latest news
- Sam Curran tears through top order but masterly Virat Kohli saves India with magnificent century
- How parenting expert Dr Karp is helping new-borns to nod off by themselves
- 67 things to do with the kids this summer holiday in and around Derbyshire
- Eurovision final 2018 live: Latest odds show UK entry SuRie boosted by stage invader's protest
- Eurovision final 2018 live: voting now open, after dramatic stage invasion
- 19 of Grimsby's oldest buildings whose future MUST be saved
- Eurovision final 2018 live: stage invader sabotages UK singer SuRie
- The Last-Ditch Climate Strategy of Total Retreat Is Failing in America
- Things to do in the Easter Holidays with the kids in Manchester
- Former President Obama's full speech in South Africa
- Wall Street’s Big Banks Are Waging an All-Out Technological Arms Race
- Top 25 family days out
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Pre-Order Guide: Price, New Characters, Aftermath Kollection, Bundles, And More have 1368 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 11, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.