The Serie A season is set to resume from June 20, Italy’s sports minister confirmed on Thursday (May 28).
The 2019-20 campaign was suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but clubs were permitted to return to contact training this month.
Lazio were second and just a point behind defending champions Juventus through 26 games at the time of postponement.
Lotito revelled in the announcement, telling Adnkronos: “This is not a victory for Lotito, but for all Italian football.
“I am certain that with this restart, our football will be able to maintain the elevated quality standard that is recognised all over the world.
“Serie A is one of the most important leagues in the sport.”
— AC Milan (@acmilan) May 28, 2020
Coppa Italia semi-final games are to be held on June 13, with Serie A to get back underway the following week.
Milan were due to face Juve in the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final in Turin on March 4 after a 1-1 draw in the opening fixture.
The other semi-final was also finely poised, with Napoli 1-0 up against Inter ahead of their second leg at the San Paolo.
However, Milan president Paolo Scaroni told ANSA: “We understand the value of offering fans quality matches after months of lockdown.
“However, from a sporting perspective, we find the idea of assigning such an important trophy as the Coppa Italia with two games in three days after three months of inactivity to be at the least debatable.”
- Mia Hamm: The most powerful woman in football?
- Juventus Go Four Points Clear In Serie A As Cristiano Ronaldo Hits 701st Goal
- Juventus crowned Serie A champions as Cristiano Ronaldo makes history
- Incredibly Broke Italian Club Fields Seven Teenagers To Avoid League Expulsion, Ends Up Losing Match 20-0
- John Skipper, ESPN’s former president, is back ... at a rival sports media company.
- “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition” returns: 6th edition at the Fiera di Roma from 12 to 14 October
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rescues Point For 10-Man Juventus At Atalanta
- Maurizio Sarri Back, Cristiano Ronaldo Firing On All Cylinders As Juventus Head For Fiorentina
- Cristiano Ronaldo Brace Against Sampdoria Seals New Record For Juventus
- Chelsea Finally Put An End To Antonio Conte Reign
- UEFA Champions League: Luis Suarez Scores Twice As Barcelona Break Down Impressive Inter Milan
- Manchester United In Trouble And Could Lose Paul Pogba, Says Didier Deschamps
- Champions League: Mauro Icardi Sparks Inter Milan's Late Comeback To Stun Tottenham Hotspur
- Nations League: Portugal Rely On Cristiano Ronaldo To Get Better Of Virgil Van Dijk
- Cristiano Ronaldo Fast Facts
- EXCLUSIVE - Newlyweds Misha Nonoo and oil heir Mikey Hess host Ivanka, Karlie Kloss, Wendi Deng Murdoch and Scooter Braun for pasta lunch at their Rome hotel as Harry and Meghan fly home
- 'We're ready to go in': Turkish army confirms preparations to invade Syria 'are complete' as explosions are seen on the border - as Donald Trump says 'let them take care of it' after pulling troops from the area despite fears for safety of
- Media startups trying to drive people to their websites are doing it wrong, says Overtime CEO Dan Porter
Coronavirus: Serie A return 'a victory for Italian football' – Lazio president Lotito have 656 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.