CELEBS Go Dating’s Vas J Morgan revealed he tried to kill himself after spending a year drinking and partying.
The former Towie star, 31, opened up about his battle with depression where he cut out friends and family from his life.
Instead, Vas said he was spending times in nightclubs – and even attempted to take his own life.
In a heartbreaking message on Instagram, he wrote: “2 years, 5 months 6 days sober Today. These photos were taken during the worst days of my life, I was in the deepest darkest depression.
“I didn’t eat for almost a year. I pretty much lived on drugs and alcohol and thought that I had nothing to live for. I truly hated myself.
“I lost touch and communication with every member of my family during this entire year or so.
“I honestly just wanted to die (and I tried) but wasn’t even brave enough to do that right.
“So instead I just went out every night on self destruct mode. Drink, drugs, drink, drugs repeat. I distanced myself from most of my real friends and found friendships in random nightclubs.”
However, he reassured anyone going through a similar situation that they will be able to get through it in the end.
He continued: “It was just awful. People always said “there’s a light at the end of the tunnel” and as unbelievable as that sounds.
“There really is. It really honestly gets better. You really honestly have so much to live for.
“Put the drink down, throw the drugs away and call someone. Call your real friends, call your family and ask, beg, cry for help. You need it and people are waiting patiently for you to realize that. IT GETS BETTER. You will be happy again. I’m living proof.”
Vas has previously opened up about contemplating suicide on his 29th birthday.
Speaking to the Sunday Mirror in 2019, he said: “I thought, ‘I either die today or go and get help today because it is not the life I want to be living’.”
The socialite also revealed that one of the only people he confided in was Topshop heiress, Chloe Green.
Since meeting at a showbiz party several years before, the two have become incredibly close and Vas felt the daughter of tycoon Sir Philip Green would know what to do.
After calling his sister, who came to comfort him, Vas then decided to call Chloe.
He reportedly said to her: “I told Chloe, ‘Things are really bad’. She said, ‘OK, you need to get help. I am going to hang up and call you back’.”
YOU’RE NOT ALONE
EVERY 90 minutes in the UK a life is lost to suicide.
It doesn’t discriminate, touching the lives of people in every corner of society – from the homeless and unemployed to builders and doctors, reality stars and footballers.
It’s the biggest killer of people under the age of 35, more deadly than cancer and car crashes.
And men are three times more likely to take their own life than women.
Yet it’s rarely spoken of, a taboo that threatens to continue its deadly rampage unless we all stop and take notice, now.
That is why The Sun launched the You’re Not Alone campaign.
The aim is that by sharing practical advice, raising awareness and breaking down the barriers people face when talking about their mental health, we can all do our bit to help save lives.
Let’s all vow to ask for help when we need it, and listen out for others.
You’re Not Alone.
If you, or anyone you know, needs help dealing with mental health problems, the following organisations provide support:
MOST READ IN TV AND SHOWBIZ
Piers slams PM’s lockdown plans where ‘I see strangers in park but not my sons’
had our phil
Fed up Holly & Phil slam lockdown confusion that’s ‘tipped them over the edge’
Inside First Dates star Fred Sirieix’s London home with cosy open fireplace
Tony Bellew calls Ant Middleton ‘f**king c**t’ and nearly punches him in Celeb SAS
‘Danny Day Care’
Emmerdale’s Danny Miller shares cute snapshot into life with his family
BEST OF THREE
Where your favourite Page 3 models are now as Mrs Joe Wicks sends fans wild
Vas revealed that within ten minutes he had received an email informing him he was booked on a flight to Thailand, to stay at a retreat in Chiang Mai.
Chloe had booked him into exclusive facility The Cabin – where a stay costs up to £15,000.
Recuperating in Resort 12, a part of the rehab especially for gay people, the Celebs Go Dating star stayed for three months.
He says during that time he faced his demons, saying: “It changed my life.
“I had problems like internalised homophobia, I hated being gay. But I had therapy every day.”
- Celebs Go Dating’s Chelsee Healey threatens to QUIT after losing faith in the show
- Jack Fincham ‘in talks’ for Celebs Go Dating as he tries to get over Dani Dyer’s new romance
- Danniella Westbrook reignites bitter feud with ex-pal Kerry Katona as she slams her AGAIN over drinking on Celebs Go Dating
- Ex of Beckham's sister claims he tried to kill himself: 'David turned his back on me'
- EastEnders' Hetti Bywater reveals her HUNKY celebrity crush
- Jamie Redknapp 'new girlfriend revealed' as British model Lizzie Bowden
- Street Valium: the hidden killer of Wales' drug users
- Teenager detained for party stabbing
- Towie star Vas J Morgan ‘felt suicidal’ before splashing £15k on rehab stay in Thailand
- Who is Eyal Booker dating, what is the Love Island star doing now and is he on Instagram?
- Cookstown: Police will not apologise over drug arrest
- Emily Atack has found love with award-winning movie producer just four months after I’m A Celeb
- Muggy Mike Thalassitis signs up for Ex on the Beach in a bid to find love on THIRD dating show after split from Megan McKenna
- These are the allegations facing celeb haunt Neighbourhood
- Avengers Endgame: UK release date, trailer, run time, cast and latest news
- Family of boy, 13, who died ‘after taking homemade ecstasy’ pay heartbreaking tribute to ‘best big brother’
- Michael Jackson’s Brit bodyguard vows to reveal the ‘REAL TRUTH’ after ten years with ‘paedo’ pop star
- All 50 worshippers killed in New Zealand mosque terror attack named
Celebs Go Dating’s Vas J Morgan reveals he tried to kill himself after drugs and partying in heartbreaking post have 1089 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 11, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.