Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch their updated flagship SUV, the 2020 GLS in the Indian market on June 17. Martin Schwenk, CEO and MD of Mercedes-Benz India, has confirmed the launch of new GLS on his social media channel.
The company had teased the up-coming luxury-SUV on its website ahead of its launch. The upcoming GLS will be more spacious and will feature more technology as compared to the older model.
The new-generation Mercedes-Benz GLS is 77mm longer and 22mm wider than its predecessor. The SUV also features a longer wheelbase than the older model — a 60mm increase in length between the front and the back wheels, which is expected to increase the legroom for second and third-row passengers.
The upcoming GLS is its third iteration that was unveiled during April 2019. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS receives an updated exterior design that is in line with the company’s latest design philosophy. These include a new two-slat grille, multi-beam LED headlamps, new front and rear bumpers, new LED taillights, and dual exhaust port; among others.
On the Inside, the new GLS comes equipped with a host of new features including two 12.3-inch screens, one for the instrument cluster and the other for an infotainment system. The infotainment system will feature the brand’s latest MBUX connected technology with a host of voice commands to help you control the features of the car just by speaking to it.
Other features include two 11.6-inch touchscreens for rear-seat entertainment, five-zone climate control, wireless charging, and lumbar support & massage functions for the second-row seats, and another seven-inch removable tablet placed on the rear-centre console to control different features of the SUV.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS will also come equipped with best-in-class safety equipment including a 360-degree camera, a (HUD) Head-Up Display, ABS, multiple airbags, traction control, stability control, hill hold, and hill descent control, cruise control and more.
The new-generation Mercedes-Benz is expected to be offered with a pair of 3.0-litre diesel and petrol engine options. The six-cylinder diesel engine will produce 285bhp and a massive 600Nm of peak torque, while the 3.0-litre petrol unit churns out 366bhp and 500Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a nine-speed G-Tronic automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
In related news, Mercedes-Benz has resumed its operations post the announcement of relaxations on the nation-wide lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company has launched a couple of AMG models in the Indian market.
The powerful Mercedes-AMG GT-R retails at a starting price of Rs 2.48, ex-showroom (India). It is powered by a 4.0-litre Bi-turbo V8 engine that produces 577bhp and 700Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox — here are all the details.
Another AMG model to be launched in the Indian market is the C63 Coupe that retails at a starting price of Rs 1.33 crore, ex-showroom (India). It also uses a 4.0-litre V8 Bi-Turbo engine that produces 469bhp and 650Nm of torque — here are complete details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India
The next-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS will feature luxury premium leather, best-in-class features, and a top-notch surround sound system. Besides, the lockdown has forced most of the auto manufacturer to launch vehicles using digital mediums, we expect Mercedes-Benz to launch their flagship SUV in a similar fashion.
- Lockdown? You can still buy that dream Mercedes!
- BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch This Year: Expected To Be Price Rs 33 Lakh
- Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes take online sales route amid coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic: BMW To Offer Special Services For Doctors Fighting COVID-19 In India
- Norton Commando 961 Cafe Racer Launched In India; Priced At Rs 23 Lakh
- Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 28.69 lakh
- Car Sales Report For April 2020: MG Motor India Registers 0 Units Of Domestic Sales
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS BS6 Diesel Mileage Revealed: Here’s How It Compares To Its Rivals
- Bike Sales Report For April 2020: Honda Two-Wheelers Register 2,630 Units Of Export Sales
- BS-VI Mahindra XUV500 launched; a look at price, features
- Deliveries Of The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Commence In India
- Lowest to highest: every new EV you can buy in NZ in 2020
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 India Launch Date Confirmed: Here Are All The Details
- Ford India Introduces Dial-A-Ford Initiative To Conduct Business Amidst COVID-19
- New Entry-Level Hyundai SUV Under Consideration For Indian Market: Will Rival The Maruti S-Presso
- Indian FTR 1200 S & FTR 1200 Race Replica Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 15.99 Lakh
- Vespa BS6 Scooter Range Launched in India: Prices Start At Rs 93,035
- Volkswagen India Announces The Start Of Online Sales & Service Programs Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7 have 919 words, post on www.drivespark.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.