Home Four wheelers oi-Rahul Jaswal By Rahul Jaswal Published: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 9:00 [IST] Kia Motors is close to launching its third offering in the country, but has encountered a problem along the way. The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce of the Government of India, has objected to the ‘Kia Sonet’ name for the Indian market. Kia Motors submitted three applications with different names – Sonet, Kia Sonet, and Sonet Concept for its upcoming compact SUV. The exact reason for the objection of the name Kia Sonet name is unclear at the moment. According to 91wheels, the ‘Sonet’ word mark is already being used by Sonet Sanitarywares and may be that is why the brand name was rejected by the govt for usage by Kia Motors. Kia Motors showcased the Sonet concept at the Delhi Auto Expo this year and let everyone know, indirectly, that it would be called the Sonet — basically postulated all-over that the production model would be called the Kia Sonet. The Kia Sonet will be the South Korean brand’s third offering for the Indian market, after the Kia Seltos and the Kia Carnival Premium MPV. Riding… Read full this story
- Who’s Afraid of Industrial Policy?
- Letters: 4-H rejection of inclusive policy is disheartening
- USTR Lighthizer: Trump challenging China's industrial policies - radio interview
- Katrina vanden Heuvel: Voters Rejected Romney’s Policies, Now the GOP Needs to Get a Clue
- Lexipol Introduces New Policy and Training Solution for Idaho Fire Departments
- iFresh, Inc. Announces Acceptance of WeChat Pay and WeChat Promotion
- Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide continues growth with promotions and new hires
- Upcoming Georgia Public Policy Foundation Events
- SITO Partners with Ribbow Media for Theatrical Film Release Promotion Program
- Trumbull police lieutenant promoted to captain
Kia Sonet Name Rejected By Department Of Industrial Policy And Promotion have 298 words, post on www.drivespark.com at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.