Kia Motors’ compact vehicles has suspended production, a company official said on Monday, citing a drop in overseas demand as the coronavirus outbreak has spread across Europe.Donghee Auto, which produces Kia’s Picanto and Ray models, has suspended production at its plant in Seosan, South Korea, until April 13, the official said.Of the 195,516 Picanto vehicles produced in South Korea last year 73% were exported, mostly to Europe, Korea Automobile Manufacturers Association data shows.Read also Kia Motors may make face masks at China factory to fight coronavirus Kia Motors sold 8,583 units in March 2020 Hyundai Wia, which produces engines for the Picanto and Ray, also said in a regulatory filing on Monday that it will suspend operations at its plant in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, from April 6 to April 9.Kia did not reply immediatley to a request for comment.
- Hyundai Plans To Focus On Compact Crossover Models In The Future
- Tesla To Build A Production Unit In China
- Kia Sold 37,011 Vehicles In January
- Kia Unveils All-New 2017 Sportage At The Los Angeles Auto Show
- NAIAS 2016: Kia To Introduce Telluride Concept SUV In Detroit
- Kia Launches DRIVE WISE For Self-Driving Assistance
- Kia Optima Hybrid Debuts At 2016 Chicago Auto Show
- 2018 Kia Rio Sedan And 5-Door Make US Debut At New York Auto Show
- KIA GT Production Model Will Come In 2017
- Kia Debuts Niro Hybrid Utility Vehicle At 2016 Chicago Auto Show
Kia compact vehicles contractor suspends production have 230 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.