The Chronicle began covering the coronavirus crisis before the first cases were reported in the Bay Area and a pandemic was declared. We reorganized the newsroom to dedicate nearly every resource to stories focusing on the health and economic disasters. Every day we have published live updates to reflect the most critical local, national and global updates on COVID-19, and this news is free of charge in an effort to keep our community safe and informed. • Read the previous batch of updates from Feb. 20-24. • Read the next batch of updates for March 1-5. • See the full timeline. Updates from Saturday, Feb. 29: 6:36 p.m. UC Davis student tests negative: A UC Davis student quarantined with symptoms similar to coronavirus tested negative. Two other students who were roommates with the student were also released from isolation. 3:58 p.m. Fourth coronavirus case in Santa Clara County: A woman who is described as being a “household contact of the third Santa Clara County” coronavirus case was announced as the county’s fourth coronavirus case. She is not hospitalized or ill and is currently being isolated at home, according to the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department. 1:50 p.m. Additional… Read full this story
- China's investment in Greater Bay Area to pay off handsomely: expert
- COVID Recovery: Bay Area Restaurants Struggle To Hire Staff Ahead Of Likely Big Mother’s Day Weekend
- Project Home: Federal Court Strikes Down CDC Eviction Moratorium; What Does It Mean For Bay Area Renters?
- UPDATE: Vacationing Bay Area Schoolmates Convicted In Slaying Of Italian Police Officer; Sentenced To Life In Prison
- Vacationing Bay Area Schoolmates Await Fate In Rome Slaying Of Italian Police Officer
- Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario opens vaccine portal to anyone 18+ in local hot spots; province reports 3,732 cases and 23 deaths
- India ‘Double Mutant’ COVID Variant Driving Catastrophic Surge Also Found In U.S., Bay Area
- Bay Area Football Phenom Najee Harris Drafted by Steelers
- 49ers Take Notre Dame G, Bay Area Native Aaron Banks In 2nd Round
- Coronavirus crisis: Special trains cancelled on Konkan route
Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: February 25-29 have 333 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.