New York (CNN Business)Rothy’s iconic women’s flat shoes are knitted from a single continuous yarn derived from recycled plastic water bottles. Now Rothy’s is pushing the envelope again and creating another sustainable staple product.
“We can lead by example”
- Thanks to China, over 100 million metric tons of plastic waste will soon have nowhere to go
- New Fisker Ocean is the world’s most sustainable vehicle
- Coles backs down on plastic bag ban, will hand out thicker bags as customers 'need more time'
- Paying with plastic for a clean Delhi
- Hilde Opoku on Eco-Schools in Ghana: 'We are really breaking new ground here'
- Helping Waste Pickers Earn A Better Living While They Keep City Streets Clean
- How HP made the new Elite Dragonfly one of the most sustainable laptops ever
- A big patch of plastic garbage has been discovered in the Arctic
- Tiny bits of plastic get to the seafloor by hitching rides on snot palaces
- Plastic packaging ban 'could harm environment'
- Wolf Alice and James Bay want plastic wrap ditched on records
- Sky Ocean Rescue: Why plastic bottle return scheme is a big deal
- New fashion for 2020? I'm out! Her Dragons' Den outfits cost a small fortune, but now unlikely eco-warrior DEBORAH MEADEN, who is worth £40m, is declaring war on waste... and won't buy any more clothes this year
- New Plymouth's giant plastic whale needs to swallow more bottles for Plastic Free July
- How to cut your household waste while still living a normal life: Mother-of-one KATE ARNELL reveals her tips on how to have a 'zero waste' lifestyle
- Plan to give shoppers cashback for their plastic bottles
- Giving recyclable trash new lease of life
- Fashion revolution: Here’s why I don’t buy new clothes
Rothy's has new idea for ocean plastic waste: handbags have 1049 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.