KIDS dressing gowns are a must to wrap kids up to keep them cosy on winter evenings and bath time.
From soft, snug numbers to fun fancy dress-inspired designs – no child looks cuter than when they’re cocooned in a fluffy robe.
British weather is temperamental to say the least, so dressing gowns come in handy all year round.
Plus, if you get one your child loves, they can make life just that little bit easier for you.
Think just how much smoother hair washes will go if they’re looking forward to putting on their favourite bathrobe on afterwards!!
Dressing gowns ensure speedy drying when you’re pulling your kids out of the pool straight into the car after a swimming lesson.
They’re also perfect for pre-bedtime chilling and story time.
A good quality dressing gown lasts a long time so basic towelling styles are worth the investment , but themed versions can be so much more fun. Unicorn phase? We’ve got you covered.
Choose wisely with our guide to the best bath robes you can buy right now.
What are the best dressing gowns for kids?
The perfect dressing gowns are cosy, fun, and simple to put on.
From unicorns to dinosaurs, read on to discover affordable and practical dressing gowns that will make bath time more exciting for your little ones.
1. Best basic dressing gown: John Lewis Children’s Towelling Robe
- John Lewis & Partners Children’s Towelling Robe, White, now £16.80 from John Lewis – buy here
No matter what your age, you can always rely on John Lewis for a basic (but good quality) bath robe.
This towelling kids’ dressing gown is ideal for post-bath time snuggles with its fast drying terry cloth fabric, oversized fit and cosy hood.
Your kids will feel comfy and (hopefully) sleepy wrapped up in this fresh white number.
A true investment, the timeless, unisex design means you can pass it down the line to their siblings.
2. Best animal dressing gown: JoJo Maman Bébé Fox Towelling Dressing Gown
- Fox Towelling Robe, £18 from Jojo Maman Bébé – buy here
Kids love a dress-up number – especially after bath time.
JoJo Maman Bébé’s dressing gown can turn your little rascal into the cutest critter ever.
Crafted from a cotton-terry cloth, this bright orange robe has 3D fox ears and an adorable smiley face on the hood.
The snap-fastening front and rope belt ensure it doesn’t fall open so they can be wrapped up just in time for a a bedtime read of Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr Fox.
3. Best striped dressing gown: George Navy Striped Fleece Dressing Gown
- Navy Striped Fleece Dressing Gown, from £8 from ASDA – buy here
If you’re looking for value-for-money dressing gowns that look cosy and cost a tenner or less, George at ASDA has a comprehensive selection.
This fleece design in stripes will appeal to kids of all ages, and includes a lined hood, two front pockets and a waist belt.
Fans love how cosy and warm it is – and rave how it’s great value for money.
4. Best personalised dressing gown: My 1st Years Personalised Hooded Fleece Robe
- Personalised Hooded Fleece Robe, £24 from Amazon – buy here
My 1st Years is a great destination for anyone looking for a personalised gift for a baby or child – and they do dressing gowns too, for babies and kids up to the age of 7.
This soft fleece design features a hood with ears, two large pockets and a waist belt, and can be personalised in lots of ways.
Choose from four robe colours, different text colours and various text styles – personalisation is free.
5. Best printed kids dressing gown: M&S Star Print Dressing Gown
- Star Print Dressing Gown, from £12-£14 from M&S – buy here
M&S’s range of hooded, star print dressing gowns comes in a selection of colours to appeal to boys and girls.
The size selection is also brilliant – you can find sizes from baby all the way through teens, so you can kit out the whole family in the same snugly design.
The general consensus? It’s ‘comfortable and soft’.
6. Best thin dressing gown for kids: Shein Girls Striped Satin Robe With Belt
- Girls Striped Satin Robe With Belt, £12.49 from Shein – buy here
If you’re looking for an alternative to fluffy dressing gowns, this satin polyester option from Shein is a good bet.
The lightweight fabric and belted design makes it a favourite for throwing on over PJs and wearing when home all day.
7. Best cotton dressing gown: Frugi Toasty Towelling Robe
- Toasty Towelling Robe, £36 from Frugi – buy here
Frugi is an ethical childrenswear brand that uses the best GOTS-certified organic cotton in its kids’ clothing.
With a colourful star print, deep pockets and a hood, this cosy robe is the perfect post-bath choice.
8. Best dressing gown for the child who hates bath time: Vertbaudet Dinosaur Bathrobe
- Dinosaur bathrobe, £24 from Vertbaudet – buy here
From zipped dressing gowns to various printed options, Vertbaudet stocks a wide range of dressing gowns for kids online.
A dinosaur dressing gown is a safe bet with universal appeal if you’re looking to add some fun to bath time.
This design has a hood, front pockets, a sewn-on belt which won’t get lost and – most essentially – stegosaurus plates.
MORE FROM SUN SELECTS FASHION
Best high waisted jeans for women: How to find the perfect fit
Best trainers for women 2020 – from Vans to Vejas
Best handbags for women 2020 – from trendy totes to investment Mulberry satchels
10 best pyjamas for women
SLIDE ‘N’ SEEK
7 cheap Gucci slides
4 cheapest styles of Armani jeans
6 best ways to wear polka dots
PACKING IT ALL IN
The best carry-on backpacks 2020 to make your travelling easier
Best petite jeans 2020 that will make shopping a dream for smaller ladies
We’re all about helping you find the best products at the best prices, so follow the link if you want to check out more of Sun Selects’ recommendations.
Planning a shopping spree? Check out our latest fashion recommendations in Sun Selects’ dedicated section.
Or if you’re looking for a new backpack for kids, take a look at the best budged-friendly options.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
- 20 BEST bath robes and dressing gowns for women
- The 50 best hotels in Wales in 2019
- 11 Best swimsuits for kids and babies
- Best gifts for her: 36 gifts to obsess over
- 26 Best Mother's Gifts for all types of mums
- Adam Johnson’s ex aborted their second child after he lied about sexually assaulting girl, 15
- Make-up free Victoria Beckham woken up by her kids at 6am before being served a breakfast donut on her 45th birthday
- Say 'yes' to the Communion dress
- Say Yes To The Dress: The 'bridal boutique' experience for children shopping for Communion outfits
- Say Yes To The Communion Dress: It's the 'bridal boutique' experience for children... but is it all just innocent fun?
- Cringe-worthy hotel ad is best ‘Accidental Partridge’ ever
- How three girls helped beat the taboo of menstruation to end period poverty after centuries of women suffering in silence
- Heartbroken parents spend ten days with dead baby boy, cuddling and kissing him goodbye
- The quirky gifts received by the Royal Family in 2018
- Don't miss out on the twinning trend for Mother's Day
- What you'll be wearing next season: The six key looks from London Fashion Week
- Inside the Disney Magic cruise ship coming to Plymouth
- Argos launches baby and nursery sale with up to a third off
Best kids dressing gowns 2020: cosy towelling and fleece bath robes for boys and girls have 1306 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.