Two unidentified policemen allegedly raped a 20-year-old woman in a hotel room near a railway station here. The incident took place on Thursday after which the woman informed her family members. The FIR was registered in the matter on Friday, police said.
A case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including gang rape has been registered against two unidentified police men at the Gorakhnath police station, they said.
No arrests has been made so far in this connection, the police added.
Members of various political parties including Congress, Samajwadi Party, BSP and Purvanchal Sena staged a sit-in demonstration at the office of the district magistrate (DM) demanding suspension of all staff members of the Gorakhnath police station as well as a magisterial probe into the matter.
“The girl is undergoing treatment at the district hospital. She has made serious allegation of rape by two policemen. During investigation we found that the hotel has CCTV footage and also took the statement of guard,” SSP Gorakhpur , Sunil Kumar Gupta said.
“Prima facie, the woman went to the hotel room willingly with some men. However, a probe is underway and culprits won’t be spared,” he said.
The woman told media persons that both the policemen thrashed her and accused her of being involved in flesh trade.
She claimed that she requested them to leave her but they beat her and raped her. Later, they asked her to go home in an autorickshaw.
The survivor also told media persons and investigating policemen that she will be able to identify the hotel room where the crime took place as well as the two policemen who allegedly raped her.
The woman said she runs coaching classes at her home and her father is a labourer.
- Doctor, 50, is accused of raping a female patient, 26, at medical centre
- Man, 43, accused of raping four women he met on Tinder is in protective custody after being bashed behind bars
- 'My baby is 100% REAL!' New Jersey mom reveals a woman accused her of using a 'FAKE' newborn to steal a 25 cent yogurt from a grocery store
- Man, 43, accused of raping women he met on Tinder cries and 'asks for tissues' after he's found fit enough to stand trial
- Man accused of raping a woman, 76, after breaking into her home tells detectives he was 'like a son to her'
- Utah prisoner, 29, 'solicited other inmates to kill the 13-year-old girl he is accused of raping'
- El Salvador: Retrial for woman accused of abortion
- Barrington Man Accused Of Raping Female Guest
- Third woman accuses Roman Polanski of sex attack
- Antonio Brown's accuser drops her rape lawsuit against the embattled NFL free agent in federal court but plans to refile in Florida for unspecified 'strategic' purposes
- Inside the Nate Parker Rape Case
- ‘Rae Bareli accident witness’ claims threat to life: Cops
- Two elderly men rape 50-year-old woman facing social ostracism
- Rape accused in MP kills victim with help of contract killers, arrested
- Two Elderly Men Rape 50-year-old Woman Facing Social Ostracism in Gujarat's Banaskantha
- 'He wanted to get me pregnant': British backpacker kidnapped and raped on 1,500km outback road trip says maniac threw away her birth-control – as an ex reveals what triggered his spiral into madness
- Six French firemen who were hailed ‘heroes of Notre Dame’ are accused of gang-raping a tourist at a Paris fire station
- Third day of protests in Spain over acquittal in gang rape trial
Woman accuses cops of raping her in Gorakhpur have 553 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.