Chinese automaker Geely has launched a service for customers to buy cars online and get them delivered directly to their homes, in a bid to drum up sales as the coronavirus outbreak prompts buyers to stay away from showrooms. Other carmakers like Tesla, BMW and Mercedes-Benz have also started to promote products heavily online in recent weeks as the health crisis escalated and authorities warned people to stay away from public places. Consumers can order and customize their cars on Geely’s website, it said in a statement. It will also offer test drives where potential consumers will be able to arrange a drive starting from their home address in coordination with local dealerships. The coronavirus has killed 2,236 people and stricken more than 75,400 in mainland China, and strict public health measures to contain its spread have severely disrupted business and consumer activity. Sales of passenger cars in China, the world’s largest auto market, plunged 92% in the first 16 days of February compared with the same period a year earlier, data from one industry group showed. Victor Yang, a senior official at Geely, told Reuters promoting online sales will allow automakers to directly reach customers through sales and marketing… Read full this story
- Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India
- Tesla Employees Call 'Bullshit' on Online Sales Claims Amid Retail Closure Chaos
- Ford names China leadership amid slumping sales and 'bumpy ride'
- Jay Bruce keeps the home run spree going, gives Mariners needed cushion in win over Red Sox
- Choosing an Online Fax Service: A Buyer's Guide
- Buick of China Passes 3 Million Sales Mark Since Opening in 1999
- Ford's struggles in China continue as November sales drop 8 percent
- India Overtakes China in Two Wheeler Sales – All Manufacturer Report Higher Demand Than Ever!
- VFACTS: China's MG tripling sales in 2019
- Ducati Not for Sale: Audi Keeping Motorcycles in its Fold
China's Geely Starts Online Sales As Coronavirus Keeps Buyers At Home have 314 words, post on auto.ndtv.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.