Princess Beatrice has watched with sadness as her father Prince Andrew was forced to give up royal duties for an unspecified time.
But now the Queen has stepped in to give her beloved granddaughter a huge morale boost.
Her Majesty has offered to hold Beatrice’s wedding reception at Buckingham Palace later this year.
Her Majesty has offered to hold Princess Beatrice’s wedding reception at Buckingham Palace later this year, writes RICHARD EDEN
Princess Beatrice has watched with sadness as her father, Prince Andrew, (left with the Queen) was forced to give up royal duties for an unspecified time. Right: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had exchanged vows at St George’s Chapel, but Beatrice’s wedding will be held in Central London, writes RICHARD EDEN
One friend said: ‘Bea was delighted and very grateful to accept.
‘It was a really special gesture as it will be the first wedding celebration at Buckingham Palace since William and Catherine’s in 2011.’
All three subsequent royal weddings have been in Windsor. Beatrice’s sister Princess Eugenie tied the knot in 2018 at St George’s Chapel, with a reception at the castle.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had exchanged vows there earlier that year.
This will be the first wedding celebration at Buckingham Palace since William and Catherine’s in 2011
And Lady Gabriella Windsor married businessman Thomas Kingston at St George’s Chapel last year.
Beatrice’s wedding to property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will be held in Central London, but the location has still not been finalised.
Beatrice and Edo have many friends and the Chapel Royal or Queen’s Chapel would be too small.
The most likely choice was the Guards’ Chapel at Wellington Barracks, but that could be troublesome because the Duke of York’s role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards appears to be in doubt.
The Daily Mail Diary disclosed last month Andrew would not appear with his regiment at Trooping the Colour in June after his catastrophic Newsnight interview.
A courtier said: ‘Her Majesty does not want Beatrice to suffer in any way from the troubles her father is enduring.’
It comes after a royal biographer claimed Beatrice and Eugenie will take on more prominent roles in The Firm after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s departure.
Robert Lacey, who is the historical consultant for The Crown, said the sisters will ‘be brought forward’ because it’s ‘what the royal family needs’ after the Duke, 35, and Duchess of Sussex, 38, decided to step back from royal life.
Princess Beatrice, 31, and Princess Eugenie, 29, are not currently considered to be senior working royals, because they do not carry out duties full time on behalf of the Queen.
Speaking to Hello!, Robert revealed the sisters would be ‘brought forward’ if they were willing to be, saying: ‘If two go out, two have got to come in, and those two have got to be Beatrice and Eugenie.’
Royal biographer Robert Lacey said Princess Beatrice, 31, and Princess Eugenie, 29, will take on more responsibility following Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan Markle’s, 38, decision to step back from royal life (pictured at St Paul’s Cathedral with Prince Andrew on June 10, 2016 in London)
The royal biographer called it ‘a consequence’ of the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes’ decision that Princess Beatrice and Eugenie would step forward and be welcomed.
He added: ‘It’s what the family needs as it’s another 15 years before Prince George’s generation steps up.’
Robert went on to call it ‘ironic’ because Prince Harry mentioned his cousins as models for how he wants to live.
The sisters, who are ninth and tenth in line to the throne, both have full time jobs, and do not receive cheques from the Sovereign Grant, the government-supported fund that finances Queen Elizabeth II’s official duties.
- Fergie admits she's crying 'tears of joy' over the 'sensational news' of Princess Beatrice's engagement to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi - and says she and Andrew are 'the luckiest people ever'
- Invalidating the Fairy Tale
- The Vanishing Man
Princess Beatrice will not get married at Windsor as the Queen offers a Buckingham Palace reception instead after Prince Andrew was implicated in Jeffrey Epstein sex slave scandal have 693 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 31, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.