Sir Rod Stewart and his son have pleaded not guilty in a Florida court on Tuesday after being charged in a New Year’s Eve incident where they allegedly attacked a security guard, DailyMail.com can exclusively disclose.
The singer, 75, and his 39-year-old son Sean are accused of attacking and punching Jessie Dixon after he refused to allow them into a private party around 11pm at the historic The Breakers hotel in Palm Beach.
The father and son were charged with one count each of simple battery, a misdemeanor that could send them to jail for up to one year.
Stewart could also face a lawsuit from Dixon, 33, who is said to be pursuing a civil case for damages.
Sir Rod Stewart and his son Sean (pictured in LA in 2015) have pleaded not guilty in a Florida court on Tuesday after being charged in a New Year’s Eve incident where they allegedly attacked a security guard, DailyMail.com can disclose
Security guard Jessie Dixon, 33, (pictured) is said to be in discussions with lawyers following the New Year’s Eve clash in a Florida hotel
The father and son were charged with one count each of simple battery, a misdemeanor that could send them to jail for up to one year. Rod Stewart is seen with fans at the Breakers Hotel in this Instagram photo posted on January 1, 2020
Attorney Gawayne Kelly told The Scottish Sun on Sunday: ‘We are going to come from a civil point of view. There’s a criminal case which we’re not involved in.’
Police said the famed singer, who recently celebrated his 75th birthday, was caught on hotel security cameras punching Dixon in the torso while his son Sean was allegedly seen pushing the security guard backwards.
In his defense, Sean told police that Dixon was ‘aggressive’ during the late-night incident.
On Tuesday, the Stewarts also waived their right to be present during future court hearings and indicated they plan to be absent from the courtroom unless the judge demands that they appear.
Their next court date is set for February 8, just five days before Stewart embarks on another tour with an opening show at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
Stewart is currently rehearsing for the tour at a West Palm Beach sound stage while living at his $30 million mansion in Palm Beach.
On Tuesday, the Stewarts also waived their right to be present during future court hearings and indicated they plan to be absent from the courtroom unless the judge demands that they appear. Pictured: Rod Stewart leaving his birthday party on January 10 in London
The exterior of The Breakers hotel, the site of the alleged New Years Eve bust up
It’s within walking distance of Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private club and residence.
The famous father and his son also indicated this week that they chose local high-profile attorney Guy Fronstin as their lawyer.
Fronstin is one of the stars of the local bar association who, over the years, has represented John Goodman, a polo club owner who killed a teenager in a DUI crash; Michael Dippolito, the husband of a woman who tried to pay an assassin to kill him but ended up hiring an undercover police officer; and Karyn Turk, a former Mrs. Florida convicted to stealing her dying mother’s social security checks.
Days after the alleged bust up, Stewart showed off his dance moves in a video shared to Instagram, just two days after he underwent successful knee surgery.
The music icon defied his years as he put on an energetic display in a throwback video shared on the eve of his birthday.
Dixon said the incident started when Rod Stewart and son Sean Stewart (pictured together in October 2019) got aggressive after he told them to leave the check-in area of a private event on New Year’s Eve
He wrote: ‘Practicing moves for my North American tour! Tickets on sale tomorrow.’ The tour begins on February 23.
It was his wife Penny Lancaster, 48, who revealed he had surgery on his left knee, alongside a sweet picture which was taken on a day later, while in hospital on his birthday.
He was still wearing a compression sock on his left foot, as well as leggings, a dressing gown and a pair of soft socks.
Penny, who wed the star in 2007, shared a throwback snap of the pair, captioned: ‘Love this man, from 55 to 75, happy birthday darling. ‘dream team’.’
- New Year’s honours list 2017 in full – from Andy Murray and Victoria Beckham to Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis-Hill
- New York's Island of Lost Souls: The largest mass burial site in America where more than 1 MILLION nameless adults and babies are laid to rest in trenches dug by inmates
- Florida school shooting ranks among America's deadliest
- Prince Andrew ‘has to face 20 key questions’ on Epstein sex slave scandal, says former royal protection boss
- Celebrity deaths 2019: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year
- NXIVM member who gave birth to Keith Raniere's son speaks out in new film that investigates what REALLY happened to women who vanished, had cancer or 'took their own lives' under 'evil' leader who said 'I’ve had people killed because of my beliefs'
- New documents reveal Bruce and Nellie Ohr shared anti-Trump information
- What a decade it's been! From the most joyous occasions to the moments that shocked us, Reuters' best images from the last ten years captured them all
- ‘Cold’ video footage of Chris Watt’s after he killed whole family revealed
- Former FBI Agent: How the LAPD Derailed My Investigation Into Biggie Smalls’ Murder
- Tinder Lets Known Sex Offenders Use The App. It’s Not The Only One.
- Tinder Lets Known Sex Offenders Use the App. It’s Not the Only One.
- The all-American warlord
- Barry Bennell passed me on to another paedophile football coach who also molested me, claims victim
- 2020 candidates push back on Castro for questioning Biden's memory
- Beam me up: A beginner’s guide to the
- Editorial Roundup: US
- The Hill's Morning Report — Pelosi makes it official: Trump will be impeached
EXCLUSIVE: Rod Stewart, 75, and his son plead not guilty to attacking US security guard on New Year's Eve at Florida hotel, as singer still faces civil lawsuit from the worker have 1045 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.