Smartphone sales rose slightly in the third quarter on demand created by the rollout of 5G, though the iPhone lost some market share as customers held back on buying until the latest version was released.According to Hong Kong’s Counterpoint Research, sales of smartphones in Korea were up 1.6 percent in the July through September period from the same period a year earlier. Sales were up 6 percent from the second quarter.Samsung Electronics maintained its lead and grew its market share, with 71 percent of sales, up from 67 percent in the third quarter of 2018. The share of LG Electronics was 17 percent, while Apple had 11 percent, down three points on year.Smartphone sales have been sluggish in recent years due to market saturation. An estimated 90 percent of the population has one of the devices. 5G, which was rolled out in Korea in early 2019, has helped breathe new life into the market.The best-selling model in the third quarter was the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, followed by the Samsung Galaxy Note10 Plus 5G and Samsung Galaxy Note10 5G. The LG V50 ThinQ 5G came in fourth, while the Apple iPhone XR rounded out the top five. Its lack of… Read full this story
- Growing Your Market Share During the Economic Downturn
- Phantom Poop Sales and Marketing Tips
- Stop Buying All Those Sales and Marketing Books
- De-Fanging the Sales and Marketing Tooth Fairy Once and For All
- Sales Management - Lay Consequences on Lost Sales and Your Market Share Will Sky Rocket
- Send Your VP of Sales and Marketing a Thank You Note
- Are Trade Shows on the Sales Or Marketing Side of the Aisle?
- Business Suicide Strategy #5 - Not Having a Sales and Marketing System
- Avoiding the Sales and Marketing Trap to Increase Revenue
- Network Marketing Success - Triple Your Results by Differentiating Between Sales and Marketing
Smartphone sales up, and Samsung’s market share rises have 308 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.