The search is on to find the winner of a £41m EuroMillions jackpot – and the hunt is focused on Dorset where the ticket was bought.
The mystery person matched all five main numbers – 18, 31, 32, 38 and 48 – and the two Lucky Star numbers – 04 and 12 in the 3 December draw.
They have until 31 May to make their claim, but Camelot is urging National Lottery players to check, double-check and triple-check their tickets.
The operator has only revealed the county where it was bought in case the winner wants to remain anonymous.
The £40,957,696.60 prize is the seventh EuroMillions jackpot to be won in the UK this year – the biggest ever prize of £170,221,000 was won in October.
Andy Carter, senior winners’ adviser at The National Lottery, said they were “desperate” to find the winner and “reunite them with their winnings” – and that a “specialist team” was in place to help them.
He said: “£41m is a huge amount of money coming up to Christmas – it’s a huge amount of money any time of the year.
“They have a chance not just to change their lives, but those around them – and change the lives of people in their family for generations to come.
“We’re urging everyone to try checking in the pockets, in wallets, bags, down the back of the sofa and anywhere a missing ticket could be hiding – someone out there could literally be sitting on a fortune.”
He added they have “champagne on ice and our fingers crossed that the lucky winner comes forward to claim their win”.
Camelot has the discretion to pay prizes if tickets are stolen, lost or destroyed, but only if the player has submitted a claim in writing within 30 days of the draw – and following an investigation to determine the validity of their claim.
If it is decided it is valid, then the prize will be paid 180 days after the draw – but if no one comes forward before the deadline, the money – including interest – will go to help National Lottery-funded projects across the UK.
- Twitter jokes EuroMillions winner can’t celebrate £57m jackpot amid coronavirus lockdown
- National Lottery EuroMillions results: Winning numbers for Tuesday March 17 £57million jackpot
- EuroMillions results and draw LIVE: Lotto numbers for Friday's huge jackpot
- EuroMillions results and draw LIVE: Lotto numbers for Tuesday's £14m jackpot
- National Lottery EuroMillions results: Winning numbers for Friday March 13 2020 £47million jackpot
- Desperate search to identify girl seen getting into white van as police fear she has been kidnapped
- Atlanta Airport Screening For Fatal Respiratory Virus | Patch PM
- Say Hello to the Adorable New Gerber Baby! 'She's Always Smiling,' Says Her Mom
£41m EuroMillions jackpot still unclaimed: Search is on for winner have 493 words, post on news.sky.com at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.