|National Assembly (NA) Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan delivers a speech at the Federation Council of Russia|
In her speech, the top Vietnamese legislator highlighted the constantly developing cooperation between the two legislative bodies and expressed her confidence that the two legislatures will continue to play an important role in building a legal corridor favorable for the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership, strengthen oversight of the implementation of cooperative agreements and projects, and work closely at inter-parliamentary forums.
Vietnam always keeps in mind and respects the wholehearted assistance from the Soviet Union’s people, including the Russian people, for its fight for national independence and reunification.Eurasian Economic Union, of which Russia is a key member. Besides, bilateral investment has continued to be intensified with many major projects, including those on oil and gas, carried out in both countries, she said
The Vietnamese NA leader also applauded fruitful cooperation in defence and security people-to-people exchange, noting that more and more young Vietnamese have chosen Russia to study. Meanwhile, Vietnam remains a popular destination for Russian travelers with last year seeing more than 600,000 people from Russia visited the Southeast Asian nation.
Vietnam highly appreciates Russia’s viewpoint on the East Sea and hopes that Russia and the Russian National Assembly will continue to voice their support for the rule of law and non-acceptance of acts that cause tensions, erode trust, and threaten regional peace and security, Ngan said.
The country believes that the oil and gas exploration and exploitation by the Vietsovpetro jointventure in the waters that belong to Vietnam’s sovereignty, sovereign rights, and jurisdiction rights in the East Sea are in line with international law and will continue to go on.
She repeated Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong’s statement that Vietnam’s unwavering policy is to always attach importance to and further foster the comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, and see Russia as one of the leading partners. Russian President Vladimir Putin also described Vietnam as a leading partner of his country in the Asia-Pacific region.
As Chair of ASEAN and the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) in 2020, Vietnam will continue strengthening the strategic partnership between ASEAN and Russia and help promote Russia’s voice and stature in the region, she noted, adding that as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020-2021, it will also keep working hand in hand with Russia.
Ngan said she hopes that the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership will grow and flourish and overcome every challenge and difficulty to match their long-standing friendship.
In that process, their law-making bodies will continue playing a key role in making favourable legal frameworks, enhancing supervision and accelerating the implementation of cooperation agreements and projects. They will also boost their closer coordination at international inter-parliamentary forums for the sake of the two peoples, as well as for peace, cooperation, development and prosperity in the region and the world, the NA Chairwoman said.
Earlier the same day, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan and her high-ranking delegation laid wreaths at the tomb of the unknown soldier at the foot of the Kremlin wall and paid tribute to Lenin at his Mausoleum.
- Czech media hails Vietnam’s stance on settlement of maritime security issues
- Int'l experts appreciate Vietnam’s maritime security initiatives
- Int’l experts praise Việt Nam’s rules-based maritime security stances, initiatives
- Prime Minister appreciates Poland’s Covid-19 vaccine donation, transfer
- Russian opinion appreciates Vietnam’s initiatives related to maritime security
- Exclusive: Russia is ‘our number one threat’ as its submarines circle Britain
- Russia and China "deepen" military ties as they challenge U.S. over Middle East
- Vietnam backs ASEAN-Russia ties
- South African journalist hails Vietnam’s stance on maritime security
- The U.S. may be the top power in Asia, but China is closing in and Russia is helping
- NATO to hold its largest drills in two decades, but general says Russia should not "get scared"
- Russia thinks the U.S. Navy is about to attack Syria and it's getting ready
- Code of Conduct on South China Sea should be consistent with UN convention: EAM
- India, Russia Ties Strong Enough to Navigate Complexities of Present World: Shringla
- China and Russia defend Iran against U.S. sanctions, vowing to keep doing business with Tehran
- ‘Kabul Safer Under Taliban’: Why Countries Like China, Russia Have Turned Terrorist Group’s Cheerleaders
- China issues chilling threat to ‘eliminate’ US amid claim only 30k troops remain in Taiwan
- British man arrested in Germany after allegedly spying for Russia
NA Chairwoman:Vietnam appreciates Russia’s stance on East Sea issue have 737 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.