MANCHESTER UNITED have been given a boost in their pursuit of Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez.
The Italian club’s CEO Giuseppe Marotta has opened the door to the Argentinian striker making a switch in the summer.
United are likely to have rivals for his signature, with big rivals Man City, Real Madrid and Barcelona all believed to be interested.
Martinez has scored 13 goals in 21 games for the Nerazzurri.
Speaking to Sports Mediaset, Marotta said: “If Lautaro wants to leave we will evaluate the situation.
“We are Inter and we don’t necessarily have to sell to anyone.
“We want to grow up with important young players like Lautaro and Romelu Lukaku.
SIGNED FOR PEANUTS
“If Lautaro wants to continue with us, we will be happy. He is with us right now.”
Italian news-site Calcio Mercato is reporting that the 22-year-old has a release clause of £93.4million.
The Serie A side paid just £20million when bringing the forward over from Argentina 18 months ago and he is now worth almost five times that.
Latest Manchester United News
Man Utd vs AZ Alkmaar FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news
Solskjaer heaps praise on Fred as resurgent form could spell end for Pogba
Man Utd news LIVE: Latest updates and transfer gossip from Old Trafford
PHIL YER BOOTS
Sterling mocks Jones after spotting gurning pic from City’s win over Zagreb
Rashford to score again in Man Utd vs Everton plus Pulisic back in the goals
James’ girlfriend drives him to Man Utd training while Shaw gives partner a lift
Forming a deadly partnership with Romelu Lukaku, 22-year-old Martinez has hit 13 goals this season with five coming in the Champions League.
A memorable strike at the Camp Nou impressed Barcelona and newspaper Sport report of discussions between the clubs ahead of their meeting tonight.
Sporting director Eric Abidal enquired about the player’s contractual situation and was pointed towards a £93.4million release clause that Inter won’t budge from.
- Sliding Doors: The Goal and the 'Grinta' That Got Inter Milan Back in Business
- REPORTS: Real Madrid superstar wants to join Inter Milan?
- Premier League transfer window: Everton and Fulham enjoy busy deadline day but Man Utd and Tottenham misfire
- How Man Utd can qualify for Champions League knockout stages
- Juventus, Inter, Napoli? Darmian says 'doors are open' for Man Utd exit
- Serie A 2018-19: Can Napoli, Roma, Inter or AC Milan overhaul Juventus?
- Soccer Power Rankings: Liverpool, Chelsea climb after impressive Premier League openers
- French Open 2018: Kyle Edmund is last Briton standing as Cameron Norrie and Heather Watson bow out
- Tottenham and Chelsea stars set for move abroad as Liverpool duo near exit: Premier League transfer rumours
- How injuries and mistakes highlighted the 49ers’ road loss to the red-hot Chiefs
- Can Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce harness “that passion, that anger”?
- 1977 AMC Cherokee Chief
- MLB Thursday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Astros top Red Sox in ALDS rematch
- Man calls police when knocked down on a screen play at a pickup basketball game
- Romelu Lukaku a Doubt vs. England; Ankle Injury Diagnosed as Ligament Damage
- Kevin De Bruyne, Belgium Shock Brazil, Qualify for FIFA World Cup Semi-Finals
- Ranking Europe's Top Clubs Based on Their Transfer Window Activity so Far
- 10 World Footballers Who Will Be Household Names by the End of the Season
Man Utd put on red alert as Inter Milan chief opens door for Lautaro Martinez exit have 555 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.