FRANK LAMPARD has indicated that Chelsea will push to sign Jadon Sancho amid rumours of a £100million January raid.
The Borussia Dortmund star, 19, continued his amazing run against Slavia Prague on Tuesday night, making it five goals and four assists in his last six games.
That has reportedly piqued Chelsea’s interest after their transfer ban appeal was accepted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, opening them up for business next month.
And with the Blues yet to fully fill the hole left by Eden Hazard’s summer departure, Lampard suggested that position was one he is keen to fill.
The coach told BT Sport: ”I think it will be very fluid and there will be discussions from now about how we will strengthen.
“We lost a lot of goals and creation with Eden last year, in his particular position.
“We missed some chances and we can probably push and look at strengthening in those areas.”
Wilfried Zaha has also been linked to the Stamford Bridge club, who last night beat Lille to qualify for the Champions League last-16.
Latest Chelsea Transfer News
Chelsea news LIVE: Latest updates and gossip from Stamford Bridge
BLUE SKY THINKING
Five forwards Chelsea could sign in Jan as Lamps vows to replace Hazard
MADE A MARQ
Chelsea send three scouts to watch Marquinhos – who gets injured after 33 mins
CON BACK TO ME
Chelsea & Inter negotiating transfer to reunite Giroud with Conte in Serie A
Five players Lampard could sign in January including Chilwell and Sancho
Chelsea news LIVE: All the reaction and gossip as transfer ban is lifted
CITY SHUN SAN
Man Utd and Chelsea boost in Sancho pursuit as ‘Man City reject buy-back’
Having been forced to hold off from splashing the cash in the summer, Chelsea are now said to be in the market for a left-back, striker and centre-back.
In chasing Sancho, Lampard can expect to come across fierce competition from Manchester United.
The Red Devils have long been linked with the England international although neighbours Manchester City are not keen on activating their first refusal option.
Sancho left Eastlands for the Bundesliga in 2017 as an unproven £8m prospect but has set the division alight, winning his first handful of national team caps and coming second in the 2019 Golden Boy competition.
- Solskjaer confirms Chris Smalling will return to Man Utd after Roma loan as he rules out permanent transfer
- 5pm Chelsea news LIVE: Transfer ban LATEST, Abraham could face Aston Villa, Giroud and Pedro set to leave
- Man Utd target Jadon Sancho will miss Euro U-21s finals as England stay loyal to kids who qualified
- Liverpool ‘favourites to land Jadon Sancho as they leapfrog Man Utd in transfer race for unhappy Dortmund star’
- Chelsea ‘ready to smash transfer record’ to sign Jadon Sancho and beat Man Utd and Liverpool to England winger
- Man Utd, Liverpool and City all interested in 16-year-old Lyon wonderkid Mathis Rayan Cherki
- Why Jadon Sancho should opt for Chelsea
- Chelsea transfer ban lifted: Which players could they sign in January?
- Rumour Has It: Chelsea ready to break transfer record for Sancho
- Premier League hits and misses: Old failings there for Arsenal, Newcastle get under Man City's skin
- Report: Liverpool favorites to sign Jadon Sancho
- How would Jadon Sancho fit into the Liverpool side?
- Mbappe favourite to be next new Ballon d’Or winner… but could 50/1 Sancho be value bet to topple Messi and Ronaldo?
- Jadon Sancho can deal with England pressure, says Theo Walcott
- Jadon Sancho benched by boss Favre for Barcelona clash ‘for being late to team meeting’ as row with Dortmund hots up
- Frank Lampard confirms Ruben Loftus-Cheek has suffered injury setbacks with no timeframe on Chelsea return
- Liverpool target former Man United star Memphis Depay
- Chelsea will target three key areas in January if they overturn their transfer ban including striker to replace Giroud
Chelsea WILL chase Sancho transfer in January to replace Hazard as Lampard sends warning signal to Man Utd have 657 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.