SHANGHAI (Reuters) – Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) and SAIC Motor Corp’s (600104.SS) $2.5 billion new energy vehicle plant in Shanghai has started trial production, Volkswagen’s CEO Herbert Diess said on Friday.
He made the comment to reporters during a tour of the plant.
SAIC Volkswagen has said the new plant will have an annual capacity to make 300,000 cars and will begin production from 2020. It will make VW’s luxury Audi AG (NSUG.DE) brand cars. [nL3N1WZ2S4]
Reporting by Yilei Sun and Brenda Goh; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman
- Volkswagen CEO says China tax hike on US vehicle imports would sting
- Volkswagen CEO received memorandum about emissions cheating fallout: NDR
- Volkswagen signs e-vehicle startup as first partner for production platform
- Volkswagen CEO interested in Tesla stake: Manager Magazin
- Go-Jek Starts Trial Launch in Singapore, Challenges Grab
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn quits over diesel emissions scandal
- Volkswagen’s imminent overhaul will strengthen company, new CEO says
- Ex-Volkswagen CEO summoned to testify in emissions lawsuit: Bild
- VW CEO says arrest of Audi's Stadler hard to comprehend: Bild am Sonntag
- Volkswagen CEO to take responsibility for China business: source