A new logo of German carmaker Volkswagen is unveiled at the VW headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany September 9, 2019. REUTERS/Fabian Bimmer SHANGHAI (Reuters) – Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) and SAIC Motor Corp’s (600104.SS) $2.5 billion new energy vehicle plant in Shanghai has started trial production, Volkswagen’s CEO Herbert Diess said on Friday. He made the comment to reporters during a tour of the plant. SAIC Volkswagen has said the new plant will have an annual capacity to make 300,000 cars and will begin production from 2020. It will make VW’s luxury Audi AG (NSUG.DE) brand cars. [nL3N1WZ2S4] Reporting by Yilei Sun and Brenda Goh; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
- After Anushka, Priyanka, Deepika, Katrina Kaif says she will start her production house this year
- Kogan.com CEO says metro customers forced to subsidise rural shoppers
- CEO Steph Korey of luxury suitcase start-up Away steps down from her post just days after explosive report revealed company's 'cutthroat culture', including ban on paid leave and 3am rants
- Disney CEO Says Fox Had Problems Long Before Merger: It Wasn't a Slap-Down
- Saw Reboot Director Teases Start of Production with First Set Photo
- Whole Foods CEO Says Plant-Based Fake Meat Is Bad For Your Health (But Good For Environment)
- Psychedelic 'wonder drug' that can 'reset the brain' and 'turn off' people's addictions without the downsides of tripping is due to start trials next year
- WarnerMedia CEO Says Consumers Will Find HBO Max Price "Compelling"
- Trump administration could block T-Mobile/Sprint merger, AT&T CEO says
- YouTube CEO says EU’s new copyright legislation threatens jobs, smaller creators
Volkswagen CEO says SAIC VW plant in Shanghai starts trial production have 276 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.