BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont middle school is going to join a number of schools across the state by flying a Black Lives Matter flag.
The Burlington School District reports that the city school board voted unanimously Tuesday to allow the flag to be flown at the Edmunds Middle School.
The Burlington board’s action came after it received a proposal to fly the flag from the school’s Youth Participatory Action Research Collective.
Students of color make up 28% of the Edmunds Middle School community.
The proposal said the flag should be raised each year until there is no longer “a need to bring attention to systemic issues that disproportionately harm students of color.”
The flag will be raised at Edmunds in February, Black History Month, and it will remain flying until summer vacation.
- Black Lives Matter Co-Founder, Soros-Funded Activist Aim To Stop L.A. From Building New Jails
- Wounded Baton Rouge officer sues Black Lives Matter, claiming group incited deadly ambush
- Time travel and Black Lives Matter mix in new trailer for
- Germantown community responds to Blue Lives Matter
- Melania Trump is BOOED by high and middle school students at opioid summit held in Baltimore, the city the President called a 'rat and rodent infested mess'
- The Latest: Lee descendant pastor stands by church problems
- The 2010s were black and beautiful thanks to the Bay Area
- Fire Trucks, Balloons, School Protests, Debates: Andover's 2019
- Fourteen High School Students Disciplined for Racist and Anti-Gay Senior Picnic Prank
- Student, Teacher Killed When School Bus, Dump Truck Collide In Mount Olive, N.J.
- Protesters initially block DeVos from entering DC school
- Beyoncé’s Glorious Baby Bump: A Middle Finger to Conspiracy Theorists and Political Rallying Cry
- The Shooting of Blacks by Cops and the Rush to Judgment
- 3 of 10 charter school applicants should be approved in East Baton Rouge, evaluator says; see list
- Even in Oakland, calling the cops on black people just living their lives
- Florida Sheriff’s Deputy Uses Stun Gun 3 Times on Black Grandmother
- Black drivers face more police stops in California, state analysis shows
- Freedom of Speech? Why Some Schools Treat the Confederate Flag Like the Swastika
Middle school to be latest to fly Black Lives Matter flag have 343 words, post on apnews.com at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.