Kim Kozlowski The Detroit News Published 12:43 PM EDT Oct 15, 2019 Wayne State University sent a letter this week to 110 pediatricians who work for the university and Children’s Hospital of Michigan, informing them they will lose their jobs with the university next month. However, university officials say the move will not affect care to patients at Children’s Hospital, nor risk training to medical students or impact medical school accreditation. The letter, sent Monday, explained that the looming termination is because University Pediatrics, the physicians’ practice group, has not paid the university the funds it uses to pay the doctors’ salaries since February — an amount nearing $18 million. “We very much regret the necessity of taking this measure, but we are afraid we have no option, due to the failure of University Pediatricians, PC to fulfill its financial obligation on your behalf,” according to the letter, signed by Dr. Herman Gray, chair of WSU’s pediatrics department, and Dr. Jack Sobel, dean of the WSU School of Medicine. “While your service and contributions to the University’s educational and research programs are held in the highest regard, the University and the School of Medicine cannot sustain this deficit and expense.” Though the letter does not state… Read full this story
- The Precautions to Be Done to Keep Your Fire Shelters Safe
- Fire Insurance Estimating - How to Save Money on Your Fire Insurance
- What to Include in Your Fire Spells
- Shoulds and Should Nots in Using Your Fire Bunker to Full Efficiency
- Pay Close Attention to Your Fire and Heat For the Best Grilling
- Update Your Resume Month - 5 Reasons (and Ways) To Update Your Resume Today
- How to Play With Your Ten Month Old Baby
- Bad News - Your Fired!
- Best Glyphs For Leveling a Mage - Make Sure You Choose the Best Glyphs For Your Fire Mage
- Affiliate Marketing - 3 Pitfalls to Avoid Your First Month!
Wayne State to pediatricians: You're fired next month have 320 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.