Robert Blake and his daughter have finally reconnected nearly two decades after he was charged with her mother’s murder.
Rose Lenore Blake, 19, was just 11 months old when her mother Bonny Lee Bakley was shot dead outside a Los Angeles restaurant in 2001.
The following year, her father – Emmy-award winning actor Robert Blake, 86, – was arrested and charged with her murder. He was later acquitted but held civilly liable.
Rose opened up to People Magazine to describe her ‘traumatic childhood’ and how she finally visited her father who she hadn’t seen since she was five years old.
Rose Lenore Blake, 19, was just 11 months old when her mother Bonny Lee Bakley was shot dead in California in 2001
Her father – Emmy-winning actor Robert Blake – was charged in the murder but later acquitted
She said she also visited her mother’s grave for the first time when she turned 18 (She is pictured with her mother Bonny Blakey before her death)
Rose revealed that earlier this summer she met Blake, whom calls Robert rather than Dad.
Rose revealed she has finally reconnected with her father- now 86 – after not having seen him since she was five years old
‘We talked about my childhood,’ she said. ‘We talked about his life, what he’s been doing. Just talked about everything.’
Rose hasn’t seen her father since she was five years old and removed from his custody.
She was raised by her half-sister Delinah and her husband in Sherman Oaks, California, where she has lived a mostly private life.
‘It was kind of a traumatic childhood at that point,’ she said.
But she now says she’s happy and living with her boyfriend and two cats.
Rose also revealed that she visited her mother’s grave for the first time when she turned 18, and decided to confront her dark past.
‘I kind of didn’t know where she was buried for the longest time,’ she said. ‘I could have just looked it up, but I didn’t. I just don’t think I was ready. And then when I was 18, I was like, ”I’m ready. I want to go visit her”.’
She said she has suffered from anxiety and depression due to unwanted media attention as the daughter of an accused famous murderer.
Rose recalled an incident in high school where she was on the sidelines of a football game as a cheerleader and noticed paparazzi photographing her.
‘Some guy in the stand was taking pictures of me,’ she said. ‘I had a feeling it was paparazzi, but I just kept going. The show must go on.’
Those photos appeared in a tabloid a few weeks later.
And although it was a ‘positive article’, she said the incident put ‘distance between me and my classmates.’
‘It’s hard when everyone talks about you and you’re not talking about yourself,’ she said. ‘I am now.’
Rose tells People Magazine that she wants to follow in her father’s footsteps and break in to acting
It has been almost 20 years since Rose’s mother was fatally struck in the head by a single bullet just moments after leaving a restaurant with her new husband Robert Blake
But now she has revealed that she wants to follow in her famous father’s footsteps and break into the acting world. Robert Blake starred in the original 1967 ‘In Cold Blood’ and won an Emmy for his work in the hit 70s TV show ‘Baretta’.
‘You get to let go of everything else, all the nervousness, anxiety and sadness and you get to be somebody else,’ she said of acting.
She said she’s also ready to take control of the narrative over her life, as it has mostly been media speculation.
‘People talk about it anyways,’ she said. ‘It would be nice to have the actual person they’re talking about be able to say something.’
Blake had one of the longest careers in the history of Hollywood, managing to land one of the lead roles in the Little Rascals short films at the age of 6.
He went on to appear as Mickey in 40 of those Our Gang shorts, which he then followed up by portraying Little Beaver in 23 Red Ryder films.
Blake then took on bigger roles in adulthood, following a stint in the army.
His most famous roles were as real-life killer Perry Smith in the 1967 film adaptation of Truman Capote’s In Cold Blood and then as the title character in the television series Beretta.
The show only ran for four seasons but lived on for decades after in reruns.
Robert Blake was arrested in 2002 and was ultimately acquitted of murder by a jury, to the shock of many
It has been almost 20 years since Rose’s mother was fatally struck in the head by a single bullet just moments after leaving a restaurant with her new husband Robert Blake.
Blake had gone inside to retrieve his gun at the time he told police, having forgotten to take it with him when he left the establishment.
He was ultimately acquitted of murder by a jury, to the shock of many, and soon after, Bakley’s three children filed a civil suit arguing that Blake was responsible for their mother’ death.
That case went to a jury in 2005, and this time they ruled against Blake, ordering him to pay $30 million after determining his was liable for his wife’s wrongful death.
They had only been married for a year at the time of her death, and Blake was Bakley’s 10th husband.
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 – Gorka breaks silence on Katie McGlynn ‘tension’ as Nina Wadia is first celeb voted off
- Boris Johnson orders proper inquiry into smart motorways after probe reveals lethal failings and flaws in critical radar system
- Sophia Loren talks about love, life and the night she was saved from near-death
- R Kelly has hundreds of victims and forced some to make child porn to blackmail them into silence, ex Azriel Clary says
- Meghan Markle latest news – Prince Harry a ‘HYPOCRITE’ for silence on Netflix’s ‘cruel’ Diana movie as he cashes in
- Gagged by law, finally this woman can tell her story
- Lady Gaga Breaks Her Silence on Working with R. Kelly, Says Her Sexual Assault Twisted Her Thinking
- The Man Who Finally Made a ‘Dune’ That Fans Will Love
- Annie called police for help 19 times before she stabbed her husband. Now she's facing jail
- Daniel Craig on his James Bond's final adventure, No Time To Die
- 19 Ways to Teach the 19th Amendment
- NCIS season 19: Gary Cole exposed as the serial killer as fans predict game-changing twist
- Chef Al Brown on a lifetime of unease and finally finding the jacket that fits
- Squid Game star says Netflix’s twisted survival contest could become a reality
- Met Gala highlights: Kim Kardashian dons masked look as Billie Eilish stuns
- Where 'BoJack Horseman' Season 4 Shone Brightest
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 LIVE – Two face elimination TOMORROW as pros and partners face tense second round vote-off
- Presidential Chemistry
Robert Blake's daughter, 19, breaks her silence about her 'traumatic childhood' as she reveals she has finally reconnected with the actor nearly two decades after he was charged with her mother's murder have 1178 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.