PUNE: The southwest monsoon started its most delayed withdrawal in recorded history on Wednesday from some parts of Punjab, Haryana and north Rajasthan as against the normal date of September 1. India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Wednesday declared the start of the withdrawal in view of the persistence of an anti-cyclonic circulation in the lower tropospheric-level over northwest India, gradual reduction in moisture in the lower- and mid-tropospheric levels as well as reduction in the rainfall activity there. Before 2019, the most delayed withdrawal in the past years was recorded in 1961 (October 1, 1961), followed by September 30 in 2007. IMD said conditions were becoming favourable for further withdrawal of southwest monsoon from some more parts of northwest India during the next two days and from remaining parts of northwest India and adjoining central India during subsequent two-three days. IMD rain forecast shows that many parts of central India, including west and east Madhya Pradesh, Saurashtra and Kutch are expected to remain dry for the next few days, heralding the withdrawal of monsoon from there. Anupam Kashyapi, head of weather, IMD, Pune, said, âThe withdrawal of monsoon began unlike a textbook monsoon retreat case. Theoretically, monsoon should have begun… Read full this story
- India just had its latest monsoon withdrawal on record, so what will it mean for Australia?
- Highest Indian Monsoon Rains in 25 Years to Boost Winter Crops
- Monday Musings: How many over-sized tricolours does Pune need?
- This festive season, Pune carollers, young and old, spread the message of unity in diversity
- Retreating Monsoons in India Wreck Flood Havoc
- Monsoon: The complex weather phenomenon that comes and goes
- PBL: Marin, Lakshya help Pune 7 Aces stay in contention for a semi-final berth
- IPL 2016 Players Draft: Mahendra Singh Dhoni Picked by Pune, Suresh Raina Goes to Rajkot
- The Kapil Sharma Show Actress Sumona Chakravarti Gets Drenched In Mumbai Rain; Flaunts Her 'Bheegi Bhaagi Si’ Look Giving The Monsoon Vibes; SEE PICS
- 2020 Pro Bowl rosters, snubs: Ravens set record with 12 selections; Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson starting QBs
Pune: Withdrawal of monsoon season starts have 323 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.