Associated Press Published 3:03 PM EDT Oct 13, 2019 Beijing – Nine people were killed Sunday in a restaurant gas explosion in eastern China, reported state broadcaster CCTV. The explosion gutted the restaurant and damaged neighboring shops in coastal Jiangsu province’s Wuxi city. CCTV reported that 10 others who were injured are in stable condition. Over 200 rescue workers have been dispatched to the scene. An overpass collapsed last week in the same city, killing three people inside a car. Jiangsu was the site of a massive chemical blast in March, when nearly 80 people died in one of China’s worst industrial accidents in recent years.
- State utility commission investigating whether contractor who caused fatal Sun Prairie explosion violated state law
- Kenya: Hybrid Embryos Raise Hope of Resurrecting Northern White Rhino
- South Africa: Farming Community Engage With SAPS On Stock Theft
- South Africa: Surfer Rescues Boy Swept Out to Sea, Gansbaai Fisherman Still Missing
- South Africa: Armed Gang Ties Up Workers, Ransacks Safes At Cape Town Pick 'n Pay
- South Africa: Ramaphosa Tells Zulu King Zwelithini That Land in Ingonyama Trust Is Safe
- South Africa: Lower June Cash-in-Transit Stats No Comfort
- Ethiopia Considers Building Oil Terminal in Djibouti
- Africa's Huge Resources Can Empower Its People
- Nigeria: CAN Suspends Nationwide Protest After Meeting With PMB
Gas explosion kills 9, injures 10 in east China have 212 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.