Published 3:03 PM EDT Oct 13, 2019
Beijing – Nine people were killed Sunday in a restaurant gas explosion in eastern China, reported state broadcaster CCTV.
The explosion gutted the restaurant and damaged neighboring shops in coastal Jiangsu province’s Wuxi city.
CCTV reported that 10 others who were injured are in stable condition. Over 200 rescue workers have been dispatched to the scene.
An overpass collapsed last week in the same city, killing three people inside a car.
Jiangsu was the site of a massive chemical blast in March, when nearly 80 people died in one of China’s worst industrial accidents in recent years.
- California Fines PG&E A Record $1.6B For 2010 San Bruno Gas Explosion
- A teenager admitted to killing a 10-year-old girl. But in China, he can't be charged
- Firestone neighborhood uneasily quiet, one year after fatal gas explosion
- Natural gas explosion hurts 2 at North Mankato truck shop
- Blooming cherry blossoms create pleasant sea of colours in east China
- China chemical plant explosion kills 4
- Four people killed after gas explosion in Paris
- Family of teen killed during gas explosions settles lawsuit
- 14 injured in Bandung's gas explosion
- Gas explosions spark fires in dozens of homes in US