Jennifer Arcuri became close personal friends with Boris Johnson
Spawning at least one official inquiry plus calls for a police investigation, it’s the ‘friendship’ that has, momentarily, distracted attention from the Brexit debacle.
After revelations by a Sunday paper, Boris Johnson this week refused to shed light on the nature of his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri, a vivacious U.S. tech ‘entrepreneur’ whose failed businesses allegedly got preferential access to trade missions while he was Mayor of London — plus more than £126,000-worth of public grants.
The blonde ex-model told friends Johnson’s daytime visits to her flat in London’s trendy Shoreditch — it boasted a dancing pole — involved ‘technology lessons’.
Whatever the truth, this was an association hiding in plain sight. Many of their colourful meetings have been recorded for posterity, as the Mail has discovered . . .
Breathless encounter aboard a Boris Bus
Jennifer and Boris on a bus
March 27, 2012: Jennifer Arcuri, a 27-year-old Californian former model who had recently enrolled at Hult International Business School in London, volunteers on Boris Johnson’s Mayoral re-election campaign.
She meets her political idol aboard his double-decker battle bus, and posts an image of their encounter to Facebook.
A last-minute date
Jennifer boasts about yet another contact with the then Mayor of London
April 2, 2012: Arcuri uses Twitter to ask Johnson’s Aussie strategist Lynton Crosby if Boris can speak at a tech conference she’s organising with chums. The event, Innotech, is a fortnight away. Even in the run-up to the London Olympics, the busy Mayor finds space for it.
Boris, my new best friend
April 13, 2012: Johnson headlines the first Innotech Summit at the Grand Connaught Rooms Hotel in Holborn. The event, ‘a platform for promising technology start-ups to network’, is recorded via 150 images that Arcuri posts on Facebook.
The following month, she changes her profile photo to a shot of her and the Mayor. ‘This was the day Innotech was born,’ she declares, adding a smiley–face emoji.
Johnson headlines the first Innotech Summit at the Grand Connaught Rooms Hotel in Holborn
A spat with Newsnight
March 25, 2013: Arcuri attacks Newsnight’s Eddie Mair for asking Boris: ‘You’re a nasty piece of work, aren’t you?’
She Tweets that her chum is ‘an amazing leader’ whose personal life is ‘not 4 public to judge’, telling Mair ‘those quest[ions] were asked maliciously’.
Arcuri now lives in a £2,600-a-month flat with a chrome dancing pole. The day after the Mair interview she replies to a Twitter user who claims her idol looked like ‘a bumbling fool’.
She replies: ‘Yesterday was a hiccup . . . Did everyone forget all the good he has done for #London?’
The two blondes
April 26, 2013: Johnson waives his usual speaking fee (which can reach six figures) to headline the second Innotech summit at Level 39 in Canary Wharf, where he takes part in his ‘first ever Google hangout’ (a group chat).
Arcuri’s relationship with Boris is now sufficiently close for friends to caption Facebook photos of them as ‘BoJen’ and ‘The Two Blondes’.
Johnson waives his usual speaking fee (which can reach six figures) to headline the second Innotech summit at Level 39 in Canary Wharf
Nice enough to eat!
April 26, 2013: Arcuri has sourced a commemorative cake for the Innotech summit with three models of Boris Johnson made out of icing. One shows her chum at a podium, another on a TV screen, and a third riding a ‘Boris Bike’ across the capital. She posts pictures of herself salivating over the edible models, only for one to disappear. ‘Someone stole my Boris!’ she says.
Arcuri has sourced a commemorative cake for the Innotech summit with three models of Boris Johnson made out of icing
A night with Mr X
July 31, 2013: A mysterious Facebook post by Arcuri, who is ‘celebrating a special night tonight with one of my favourite men of all time’.
Arcuri does not name this mysterious individual but she says cryptically: ‘Although he won’t “let” me name him, I’m pretty sure those few know how happy I am to celebrate with him. Yay!!’
She’s also visiting a famous London address.
Jennifer got to visit a very famous London address… before Boris Johnson got the keys
Doors are opening
August 7, 2013: Johnson’s support made Innotech events a great success, securing Arcuri £200,000 of backing and entitling her to an ‘entrepreneur’ visa that allows her to stay in the UK.
She’s invited to Downing Street business receptions, and posts images to Facebook of herself at No 10, which she tells friends in the U.S. is ‘England’s White House’.
Jennifer is back at Number 10 which she tells friends in the U.S. is ‘England’s White House’.
Business is booming
November 24, 2013: Arcuri joins a trade mission to South Africa, supported by grant from Johnson’s office of £12,447. She posts images ‘exploring the ends of the world’ at Cape Point, and playing with penguins on a Cape Town beach.
December 26, 2014: Boris, whose number is filed in Arcuri’s phone under the nickname ‘Alexander the Great’, has been using gaps in his mayoral schedule to cycle from City Hall to her Shoreditch flat, for ‘technology lessons’.
In cyberspace, their friendship is sparking rumours. After Arcuri advertises on Twitter for a graphic designer, an anonymous correspondent responds: ‘Ask Boris, or sleep with him and you will get something.’
…And a cheeky wink
January 6, 2014: On Facebook, Arcuri posts a link to an article she’s co-written for the Conservative Home website in collaboration with George Freeman MP, a key Johnson ally. In the comments section, a friend asks her to: ‘Say hi to Big Boris for me,’ signing off with a ‘winky-face’ emoji.
Boris and Jennifer posing together in yet another staged photograph
Still sitting pretty
March 19, 2014: Arcuri is invited to City Hall where she watches her hero at Mayor’s Questions and has a photograph of herself taken in Boris’s official seat. ‘The Boss’s chair at the GLA [smiley-face emoji],’ she declares on Facebook. ‘Oh, today was fun!’
Jennifer visit’s Boris at the GLA to watch him perform at Mayor’s Questions
June 25, 2014: Arcuri hosts another Innotech summit, this time at Parliament. The event — ‘Brains v Tech’ — is staged with the help of Boris’s chum George Freeman, who books the Commons’ terrace pavilion.
Facebook pictures include Arcuri larking with crossbench peer the Earl of Errol.
Facebook pictures include Arcuri larking with crossbench peer the Earl of Errol
Campaigning in Edinburgh
September 12, 2014: Arcuri’s love affair with British politics takes her to Scotland, where she’s campaigning for a ‘No’ vote in the coming independence referendum. After she ‘checks in’ to Edinburgh Castle on Facebook, a friend asks: ‘Has Boris sent you up to seal the victory?’ Arcuri replies: ‘I’m always sent for victory!!!’ adding a ‘smiley-face’ emoji.
Jennifer helps with the No Vote during the Scottish referendum campaign
October 14, 2014: For the fourth time in just over two years, Boris Johnson is headlining an Innotech event, this time at BAFTA’s Piccadilly headquarters. As ever, he poses for jolly photographs with Arcuri, who has this time arranged a cake modelled on the Houses of Parliament.
An Enigmatic nordic saga
November 12, 2014: During a holiday to Norway, apparently for a family wedding, she posts a photograph on Facebook of ‘one of the best Viking experiences I’ve had in a long time’. A friend replies: ‘Did Boris turn up and take this photo [winky-face emoji]?’ She replies ‘[smiley-face emoji] Not this trip . . .’
Arcuri was photographed repeatedly with Boris Johnson over the course of two years
Far Eastern favour
December 1, 2014: Boris leads a Far East trade mission. Arcuri’s request to attend for Innotech is declined. She re-applies on behalf of her new company, a video streaming business called Playbox. The firm is three months old, making it ineligible, but allegedly at the behest of Johnson, she is accepted.
Did Boris help Arcuri attend this Far Eastern conference?
Arcuri shows off a new engagement ring to her fans on Twitter
December 26, 2016: Arcuri is in a relationship with cyber security expert Matthew Hickey. They move to the U.S. and wed. For reasons under investigation, their company, Hacker House, secures a £100,000 grant from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (from a fund intended for UK firms).
- 'I've said all I want to say about that': Boris Johnson AGAIN swerves questions about whether he had an affair with US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri after she refuses in Piers Morgan interview to deny having an intimate relationship with the PM
- Boris Johnson's 'tech friend' Jennifer Arcuri breaks her silence to insist PM did NOT bend rules to help her company and slams claims against her as 'orchestrated attack'
- Boris Johnson has grown close to ex-Tory aide, 30, and bombarded her with playful texts since his marriage to Marina Wheeler hit the rocks
- American 'technology advisor' Jennifer Arcuri REFUSES six times to answer Piers Morgan's questions about an affair with the UK PM Boris Johnson - but admits he came to her flat 'around five times'
- All hands to the pumps! RAF brings in more equipment in race against time to drain reservoir before deluge tomorrow and more flooding - as crumbling dam is still at 'critical' risk of bursting
- Revealed: China's network of high-security jails where a MILLION Muslims are held and brainwashed are exposed in leaked documents
- The Donald arrives for four-day red carpet visit: Trump and Melania set foot on UK soil for first time as President and First Lady - but he brushes aside protests by claiming Britons 'like him a lot'
- PICTURED: Justin Timberlake and co-star Alisha Wainwright tenderly hold hands in the corner of a bar (and he's NOT wearing his wedding ring) after filming scenes for new movie Palmer in New Orleans
- Adolf Hitler's suicide blonde: As the Fuhrer's First Lady, Eva Braun lived in lavish splendour, but behind the scenes she was so miserable she TWICE tried to kill herself before the final reckoning in Hitler's bunker, new book reveals
- Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders
- Countdown: The 165 Greatest American Movies Ever Made (1-15)
- Adam Cole Talks "Stealing the Show" at Takeover: New Orleans and His NXT Journey
- The Complicated Reality of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette's Short but Legendary Relationship
- Australia REJECTS Bill Barr's attempt to get secret diplomatic cables to help his effort to find 'truth' about claims Russia aided Donald Trump - as global scale of AG's personal crusade revealed
- All-American Despair
- 40 Under 40: Music's Top Young Power Players Revealed
- Steve Martin’s New Song and Dance
- How the right’s radical thinktanks reshaped the Conservative party
We knew they were close... but now for the first time GUY ADAMS reveals the full picture of Boris Johnson and his very special relationship with American blonde pole-dancing ‘tech instructor’ Jennifer Arcuri have 1778 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 28, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.