While talking to AutoExpress, Christine Leuderalbert, VW’s electric mobility product marketing specialist, confirmed company executives are discussing the idea for a sportier ID.3 R version with improved performance and more power. Whether the project will see the light of day remains unclear at the moment but chances seem good for now.
“We’re actively considering it, but we need to do some work on how an electric car can also be a performance car,” Leuderalbert told the publication. “We know electric vehicles have excellent acceleration, but we need to look at how the rest of the package would affect the car’s efficiency.”
- Volkswagen to Re-launch Phaeton in North America
- VW CrossTouran, Volkswagen's Newest Crossover Model
- Volkswagen's Scandal-Ending All Corruptions?
- Porsche: Creating the Plot to Takeover Volkswagen?
- Affordable Classic Volkswagen
- Volkswagen to Launch Eos in the Middle East
- Knowing the Volkswagen Golf
- Hybrid Volkswagen Set to Break Cover
- Audi-Volkswagen Middle East Parts Centre Opens in Jafza
- Volkswagen is Looking Forward to a Profitable Year