Vietnamese designer Tran Hung has presented his first and most important fashion collection at the London Fashion Week SS20.
Vietnamese model Khanh Linh is the leading star on the catwalk wearing Hung’s creations.
This is the debut of Hung on international runway after launching his career three years ago.
A total of 20 newly designed costumes inspired by feminism and the strength of women have been showcased getting large applause from the audience at the event, which finished on September 17.
According to a report from the designer’s office, the opportunity was thanks to Fashion Scout – the international showcase for fashion pioneers, the UK’s largest independent showcase for emerging and established talent during London Fashion Week.
Hung said, regardless of different cultures such as Africa, Asia, USA, Europe, every woman had an important and key position in their communities.
“They are the ones who have inspired a lot for fashion and for me,” he said.
His view could be clearly expressed on the runway where models had different skin colours, different heights, wore different designs but had their own ways of shining.
Hung’s collection were very diverse and not confined to a soft feminine style, or pastel palettes.
Red dresses, black leather jackets, bold tailoring cuts-all stood out alongside with his bold designs to date
The main material of the collection was 100 per cent silk brocade, tulle, organza, taffeta; with both traditional hand embroidery featuring tambour embroidery techniques.
The designer added a detail of Dong Ho painting – a type of traditional Vietnamese folk art – to show his respect to folk culture of the beloved place where he was born.
Dong Ho painting or Dong Ho folk woodcut painting originates in Dong Ho commune, Thuan Thanh district, in the northern province of Bac Ninh.
Hung has promptly received supports from many female models and celebrities despite being a relative newcomer.
His show was held individually in Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London. The place is a modern venue of 22,000 squ.m with unique ancient architectural style, and has hosted many fashion shows of the world’s top designers.
She took the role of being first face and vedette of the Spring Summer 2020 Collection by Hung.
Highlight of her performance was a 24k gold plated dress which helped her shine in each step on the catwalk.
“I always want to bring beautiful designs of Vietnamese designers to the world. It is so great to participate in this event with Hung’s team to ‘conquer’ London Fashion Week,” Linh said.
Khanh Linh, who was among the finalists of The Face 2017, played the role of vedette at the fashion show by designer Tran Hung on September 15.
The show by designer Tran Hung is a part of London Fashion Week which is running from September 13-17.
This year marks the first time that one of Tran Hung’s collections has represented Vietnamese fashion at London Fashion Week.
Most of his designs utilise silk as the main material whilst also featuring floral patterns.
In total the Vietnamese designer introduce 20 outfits to audiences. Silk, tulle, organza, and taffeta are the key materials used in the collection.
Tambour embroidery, which originates from the 18th century in Europe, was also used in Tran Hung’s latest collection.
Originally from Yen Bai province, Tran Hung was named as the first runner-up at the Project Runway Vietnam 2015 competition.
- Naomi Campbell Ramp Walks For Issa In London Fashion Week
- Get Inspired: Top 10 looks from London Fashion Week
- Chitrangda Singh’s Quintessential Monsoon Bridal Look At Delhi Times Fashion Week Is Outstanding
- Vietnamese designer up for award in London fashion contest
- Top London Fashion Week Discounts for June including ASOS, Monsoon, Radley and more
- 'Not just fashion': Historic Australian fashion week runway brings audience to tears
- Iconic Australian opal becomes a darling of the fashion world
- Vietnamese fashion thrives despite the pandemic
- At 3ft 5in, she is fashion's new muse
- British Fashion Council appoints Priyanka Chopra Jonas ambassador for positive change
- Promoting Vietnamese fashion amid the pandemic
- Chinese fashion collection angers Vietnamese on Ao Dai plagiarism
- Vogue showcases Cong Tri's new collection
- International Black Heritage + History Month Is Using Fashion To Tell The Story Of The African Diaspora
- Clare Waight Keller Is Named First Female Designer of Givenchy
- Missionwin Marketing - Commitment of your success with Lee Tran
- Bunaai: A brand aiming to incorporate both fashion and culture
- New York Fashion Week models flaunt sexiest bikinis of the season in racy catwalk show
Vietnamese designer Tran Hung showcases new designs at London Fashion Week have 727 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.