Tour company Thomas Cook ceases trading, bookings canceledLONDON: British tour operator Thomas Cook has ceased trading and all its hundreds of thousands of bookings canceled after the firm failed to secure rescue funding. The Civil Aviation Authority announced the film’s collapse early Monday. More than 600,000 vacationers had booked through the company. CAA said 150,000 are British customers now abroad who will have to be repatriated.The group’s four airlines will be grounded and its 21,000 employees in 16 countries, including 9,000 in the UK, will be left unemployed. The debt-laden company had said Friday it was seeking 200 million pounds ($250 million) to avoid going bust, was in talks with shareholders and creditors to stave off failure. APAP/CC
- UK travel firm Hays to buy stores from defunct Thomas Cook
- Thomas Cook Halts Operations, Stranding Passengers
- Thomas Cook route tops late arrivals table with almost three quarters of flights not on time
- Tunisia holidays are set to be the hottest travel spot among Brits next year, says Thomas Cook
- Thomas Cook launches new sleeper seats with mattress in ECONOMY so for £200 more you can have the whole row to yourself
- Thomas Cook India targets India’s strongly emerging new decision makers - Children!
- Tour company closing due to tourism decline after eruption
- Coast Guard suspends part of Alaska tour company boat fleet
- ATOL claim: How to get a CAA refund for your Thomas Cook holiday
- Flying from Sweden? How the Thomas Cook travel chaos affects you
Tour company Thomas Cook ceases trading, bookings canceled have 246 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.