Sep 19, 2019, 3:06pm ET The even quicker estimate may be attainable when the Model S returns next month. Tesla has confirmed that its Model S prototype appears to be capable of beating the Porsche Taycan’s Nurburgring record.”Data from our track tests indicates that Model S Plaid can achieve 7:20 at the Nürburgring,” the company announced on Twitter.To be clear, the company has not yet made a formal attempt at beating the Taycan’s 7:42 benchmark. Porsche also recently clarified that the record was achieved with the Turbo trim, not the more powerful Turbo S variant.Tesla is aiming to make an even faster run than 7:20, estimating that 7:05 “may be possible” with “some improvements” when the Model S returns to the Green Hell next month.
- Tesla's Earnings Beat Estimates As They Sold A Ton Of Cars
- Tesla confirms Nevada as host for electric vehicle battery Gigafactory
- Ex-Employee Says Tesla Broke Law With Mass Layoffs: Lawsuit
- Tesla Model 3 release date, news and features
- Tesla Isn't Worried About Potential Strike Slowing Down Model 3 Production
- Tesla Owners Can Get A New Model 3 Sooner Than Everyone Else
- Tesla Plans To Build China Plant With Capacity To Make 500,000 Vehicles Annually (Updated)
- Tesla Says Autopilot Was On Before Fatal Model X Crash, But That Driver Didn’t Abide Warnings
- Tesla's Latest Update For The Model S Finally Makes It Good Again
- The Updated Tesla Model S Is Gorgeous
Tesla confirms 7:20 Nurburgring estimate, aims for 7:05 have 236 words, post on leftlanenews.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.