Clearwater, FL – Historic Sportscar Racing is receiving entries from across Europe and the United States for its Nov. 13-17 Classic 24 Hour at Daytona.
Here are two that we’re looking forward to seeing in action:
1966 Porsche 906 (Carrera 6), Current Owner/Driver: Mario Sala, Italy
This car has been racing since 1966 in some of the world’s most prestigious events, including Targa Florio, the 2016 & 2018 Le Mans Classic, the Porsche Festival and several European Hill Climbs.
For the HSR Classic 24, owner/driver Mario Sala will team up with Massimo Ronconi; between the two, their racing history includes Formula 3, Formula Ford Champion, Nurgburgring 24 Hour Classic, Monza, Porsche Carrera Cup and Monte Carlo Historic.
1972 Porsche 911 T, Current Owner/Driver: Alan Benjamin, Colorado
This Porsche was built from a street car in 2003-2004 and has run PCA club and vintage races since 2004, including RennSport III at Daytona in 2007 and the IndyCar support race in RMVR at The Pepsi Center in Denver in 2007.
Owner/driver Alan Benjamin (who has participated in the HSR Classic 24 since the first edition in 2014) and his teammate Barry Waddell (who earned podium finishes overall at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1996 and 1997) will complete in Group A.
- Early entries revealed for Sony's 2020 World Photography Awards
- 'I wanted to go to the coffee shop and be a lady ordering a coffee': Renée Zellweger reveals why she left the Hollywood spotlight for six years
- Three 'barn find' classics for sale at the same auction
- Venezuela denies entry of Guatemala's president-elect
- Classical pursuits: Upcoming events in music, opera and ballet
- Former Massive Attack star Tricky reveals he feels like he's 'losing his mind' since the sudden death of his daughter, 24, and admits therapy is helping him through tough days
- Gymboree is being revived in early 2020
- Global High Speed Rail (HSR) Composites Market 2016 Industry Size, Growth, Share, And Analysis
- HSR Layout in Bangalore: A Favourite Property Destination Among Buyers
- 10 classic UK trips by public transport