Published 10:32 AM EDT Sep 12, 2019
Newark, N.J. – “Jersey Shore” cast member Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is now a free man.
The 37-year-old reality television star’s publicist says he was released from prison in Otisville, New York, around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
He took to Twitter shortly after his release, writing, “Turn up we free.”
Sorrentino served about eight months for tax evasion. He and his brother pleaded guilty last year to tax offenses related to nearly $9 million in income. Marc Sorrentino was sentenced to two years in prison.
At his sentencing last fall, Sorrentino told the judge he was trying to overcome years of drug and alcohol abuse.
Sorrentino appeared on all six original seasons of “Jersey Shore” from 2009 to 2012, chronicling the lives of rowdy housemates in the town of Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
- Burress released from prison
- Dad guilty of manslaughter at hockey scrimmage released from prison
- Report: Thorpe, 61, released from prison
- Can reality star heal what ails Cutler?
- Ex-reality star Benson being held without bond in Ga. jail
- Report: Ex-Packer Jolly released from prison
- Breno back at Bayern on day-release from prison
- Reality star Allemand hospitalized in New Orleans
- Stars align for Federer’s last great run
- Cowboys cheerleaders root for reality stars