Published 10:32 AM EDT Sep 12, 2019
Newark, N.J. – “Jersey Shore” cast member Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is now a free man.
The 37-year-old reality television star’s publicist says he was released from prison in Otisville, New York, around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
He took to Twitter shortly after his release, writing, “Turn up we free.”
Sorrentino served about eight months for tax evasion. He and his brother pleaded guilty last year to tax offenses related to nearly $9 million in income. Marc Sorrentino was sentenced to two years in prison.
At his sentencing last fall, Sorrentino told the judge he was trying to overcome years of drug and alcohol abuse.
Sorrentino appeared on all six original seasons of “Jersey Shore” from 2009 to 2012, chronicling the lives of rowdy housemates in the town of Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
- Virtual reality gets a release date: Oculus Rift pre-orders start Wednesday at 8AM
- Full release of Prison Architect to occur in 2015
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC Releasing in September, Offline Mode Next Week
- Star Wars Battlefront Launch Beat Destiny on PS4 in UK; Biggest Star Wars Release in UK
- Super Star Wars Releases This Week for PS4 and PS Vita with New Save Features and More
- Overwatch animated short starring Hanzo releases on Monday Overwatch animated short starring Hanzo releases on Monday
- Star Conflict release date confirmed
- Story of the Star Fragment Releasing in Japan, Will Launch in 2017
- Phantasy Star Universe Releases Guardian Advanced Content
- Crashmo, Ikachan, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, others release dates confirmed for North America