The Detroit News Published 5:02 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 A Chandler Park Academy School District student has been charged with threatening to shoot classmates this week, Harper Woods authorities announced Friday. The city’s Department of Public Safety learned about the threat Wednesday night, officials said in a statement. The release did not specify whether the threat involved the elementary, middle or high school part of the academy district. It also did not list the student’s age but described him as a juvenile. Detectives arrested the youth early Thursday in Detroit before he arrived at school, police said. He was not armed and investigators found no firearms at his home, officials reported. The student was held in the Wayne County juvenile detention facility and charged with making a terrorist threat, police said. It was unclear if he faced other discipline. Chandler Park Academy administrators did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his status Friday.
- Police: Harper Woods home explosion caused by attempted furnace theft
- Police: South Lyon student threatened shooting at middle school
- Police: New York man threatened to shoot child after losing ‘Fortnite’
- Police: 1 man dead in North Las Vegas school shooting
- Parkland survivors weigh in on students' role in stopping school shootings
- Santa Fe High School Shooting Victim’s Mother Confronts Ted Cruz at Town Hall: ‘Don’t Disrespect My Daughter’
- Gov. Wolf orders state police troopers to routinely visit schools, colleges during patrols
- Teen arrested after school shooting threat in Monticello
- New Jersey mom stops potential school shooting in Kentucky
- Mom Stops Potential School Shooting After Receiving Racist Message About Her Children on Facebook
Police: Harper Woods student threatened school shooting have 274 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.